• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Videos Not Working

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJSpin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quote
The videos are there, and everything looks fine but the thing is that when I try to press Play it won't play at all. Other videos can play, but the full episodes/movie won't play at all. I've checked my software and everything and everything is perfect. I'm not sure what's wrong.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Do you live in North America? Because most of the free episodes available at ANN are only for North America's eyes only. ANN wanted to be able to give everyone the opportunity to watch them, but due to the nature of the company they deal with (a North American licensor) they simply are not able to do so.
DJSpin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Yup I do live in the US. Northeast to be exact.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote
DJSpin wrote:
Yup I do live in the US. Northeast to be exact.

Well, then it's obviously not your location. Maybe your firewall or adblocker? At any rate, I'm sure ANN Staff will be able to help you out, though you might have to be patient for the time being. Everyone seems to be on holiday.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:24 am Reply with quote
I've had a little trouble with some of them, as well. For example: Ramen Fighter Miki part 2b ran fine, but 1a, 2a, and 2c wouldn't load for me.
Ongaku_no_tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm having problems playing a lot of the previews and the latest episode of Girls High for some reason. I get the screen that tells me that I either don't have the Flash player installed at all, or, I need you upgrade to the version required to play the video. I live in North America and my Flash player is up to date. Any idea why I can't view the videos?

Edit:

Some trailers play and others won't. For example, the Xam'd: Lost Memories clip is one of the trailers that I get that Flash Player message screen for and won't play.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting a "No suitable media files found in this feed" message on the Sasami: Magical Girl Club video at the moment. The one for the second season works fine though, and I don't see any other trailers with this error.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:57 am Reply with quote
The Sasami one is a simple typo in the URL that's been fixed now. Sorry about that.

As for the segments of the streaming anime that aren't working, we'll go over our flash sensing code. Can you please tell us what browser/OS you're using? Thanks!
Ongaku_no_tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:35 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
As for the segments of the streaming anime that aren't working, we'll go over our flash sensing code. Can you please tell us what browser/OS you're using? Thanks!

Windows XP Home and Firefox.
Zewerr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Some of the streaming episodes arent' working for me as well. But if I try the next day, sometimes it will. I've tried watching them on my main PC (64 bit Vista Ultimate, IE7), on my PS3, and my laptop (32 bit Vista Home, IE7), but all of them do the same thing. Either the video won't start downloading, or it'll only download a couple seconds into the video, then stop. But I have had luck with the videos playing on my PC, Laptop and PS3 at some point in time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chaoticevl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quote
I have windows Xp using firefox and every video starts at a screen that has your logo and say fast easy free and just sits there doing nothing.
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote
chaoticevl wrote:
I have windows Xp using firefox and every video starts at a screen that has your logo and say fast easy free and just sits there doing nothing.

I'm having the same problem. It's been with everything I have tried, trailers, ANN TV, and the streaming episodes.

I'm running Windows XP (SP2), Firefox 3.0.5, and Flash 10,0,12,36. If I right click in the player window and go to the "about JW player" link, the video on that website plays fine.

I also tried it on another computer that is running Linux, Firefox 2.0.0.11, and Flash 9.0.124.0, and none of the videos will play on that system either.

Update: It looks like whatever the problem was, it has resolved itself. Which, if nothing was wrong on the ANN side, and nothing has changed on my side, means (I guess) it must have been some kind of connection issue? Anyway, thanks for posting the video troubleshooting topic. If any future issues come up, I will go there first and try all of the suggestions posted. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1