• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kenichi Season 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badsanta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote
does anyone know of a release date for the season 2 of kenichi histroys strongest deciple.

thanks
PatteHz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:09 am Reply with quote
2009/10
javz3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote
was that meant to be a joke?

¬_¬'
r_lee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
are you guys serious there is going to be a season 2 (btw season one was eps 1-50 rite or something like that??) i cant w8 for it
madmangohan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:53 am Reply with quote
I think some people are getting a little confused here <_<

It seems Funimation have licensed the first 25 episodes of KenIchi. They're releasing them in 2 parts, and labeling it as 'Season 1 part 1' and 'Season 1 part 2'.
So technically, Season 2 is eps 26-50

As for when Funimation will release Season 2? Who knows. Not licensing it all in one go may mean they're going to test the waters, so if it sells well, they'll grab the second half.
Brothers20

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
i hope they do come out with a season 2 because even though i watched this so long ago i still cant wait for the next part to it! it really was good!

BTW: my nicknames Grave so if u see me at Anime North then wish me a happy B-Day because its always on or a couple days shy of my birthday! AND AS FOR ANIME NORTH 2010 ILL BE WEARING SUMTHING THAT SAYS GRAVE ON IT SO U CANT MISS ME!
X HYDERABAD X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote
It looks like Amazon is selling the second season of Kenichi, the release date for the anime is March 9th. So I bet Funimation will post a link sometime in the next month or so.
Loaded1mbimagee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:40 am Reply with quote
Theres a minor problem here, it was nice to watch Kenichi 3 years ago but its year 2010 and there are alot of damn much nicer animes being made, last year was a good anime year but this one will be even better.

I really dont care what reasons they have. I want fresh stuff.

I wounder if IBM thinks something like this too: "Hey lets develop a computer and try to sell it at full price 3 years later".

Btw I was fooled about the second season thing too! A real second season would be interesting the anime was fun.

OVER AND OUT
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:47 am Reply with quote
Let me hold you back there for a second Loaded.

Anime is entertainment, it has a useby date that you set. You can still go back and watch Giant Robo, they're (almost) constantly re-releasing eva and Lupin is still awesome.

Kenichi is a simple fun anime, that appeals to people, I could see the storytelling or the animation dating, but by current standards it's still worth releasing.

That said, Im not sure about how it's being released and at what price. As it sure ain't here Anime smile;
ToolBot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:10 pm Reply with quote
so there is going to be a season 2 of Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple
nameless_one

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:14 am Reply with quote
ToolBot wrote:
so there is going to be a season 2 of Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple

that depends, the first 50 eps of the anime went to the end of the ragnarok arc (first 16 volumes of the manga) where it ended but could be continued at a later date.
another season might be possible if it continued to the end of the disciples tournament arc (volume 29 of the manga) but id rather it went to the end of the yomi/yami arc

instead of a continuation of the anime id rather see the manga released in english
takimaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:08 am Reply with quote
season 1 & 2 of kenichi is the 1st 50 episodes, it is unknown if there will be another 50 episodes done, personally I'd like to see another series made..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1