• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saitama Launches Trilingual Site for Anime Tourists

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Perfect! I was planning on visiting this February. This site's come up at the right time!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
in English, Korean, or Traditional Chinese.

No, the site is written in simplified Chinese. And some wordings are not quite fluent... Anime smile + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kakoishii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote
well with lines such as "where are anime are set" and "we'll introduce three best well-known here" it's pretty obvious the the "English" isn't very grammatically correct either.
W-General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:54 am Reply with quote
This site was available a couple weeks ago. I actually did use this site to visit Washinomiya for 1/1
reanimator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Although there is nothing new about a local government trying to cash in tourist money, I'm surprised that Saitama is doing this as well. I heard Sendai is doing similar thing by accommodating animation production location scout. For anyone interested in visiting Anime sites outside of Tokyo, there is guide book called, "Pilgrimage to Sacred sites: Touring around 12 Anime/Manga titles (聖地巡礼 アニメ・マンガ12ヶ所めぐり).
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Saitama. <3 That was my home when I lived in Japan.

Though the bad English makes me wanna move back there and ask them to hire me to do stuff like this. :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1