• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Report: Funimation Gets Fullmetal Alchemist Premium

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Anything FMA is always a good thing. Very Happy
Tbone Jenkins

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Funimation making an 'FMA announcement' at Ohayocon?! Shocked

pleasepleasepleasepleaseletitbethemgettingthedubofthenewseriespleasepleasePLEASE!
braves

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing that the "FMA related announcement" will either be that 1) they have the new series and are going to stream it simultaneously 2) that they're finally going to release the movie on Blu-ray. Or both. Though, if it's just the latter, then it'll definitely be a bummer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bj_waters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
What else could it possibly be: Fullmetal Alchemist: The Stage Musical? (If there is one, I'm sorry) I mentioned before on a previous FMA post that I would be surprised if FUNimation doesn't jump all over this. Leave it to them to keep as many ears to the ground as they can!
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised they're making whatever announcement at Ohayocon; they've got Vic Mignogna and Aaron Dismuke there this year, which is one of the reasons I opted to go for only one day and not stay overnight. I'd rather not be stuck in a hotel full of Risembool Rangers, if you get my drift. >.>

The Chibi Party OAV is really the only one worth watching, although Kids is kinda cute, even if it makes absolutely no sense that spoiler[one of Ed's grandchildren is a little Winry]. Small child this world!Roy kinda made me squeal from awww, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:46 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
I'm guessing that the "FMA related announcement" will either be that 1) they have the new series and are going to stream it simultaneously 2) that they're finally going to release the movie on Blu-ray. Or both. Though, if it's just the latter, then it'll definitely be a bummer.

I'm hoping for either of these, too, but I wouldn't be disappointed with either one over the other, although I do hope to get all of FMA on Blu-ray at some point in the future.
larinon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
I'd rather not be stuck in a hotel full of Risembool Rangers, if you get my drift. >.>

My nightmare tonight will be your fault Razz

I agree about Chibi Party though, that was my favorite.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quote
wow that awesome
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
OMG YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Holy, freakin', gawd. I have wanted FUNi to announce the Premium Collection shorts lisence ever since I saw it online a year ago! The "Kids" one, in particular, was simply spectacular! Anime catgrin

I know everyone's clammering for the new FMA 2 to be their big "get" but I'll be just as happy with the Premium collection (if the universe is really, really on our side, there's always the possibility that they'll say, "we'll be shipping Premium Collection with the first thinpak season of FMA 2, bundled together this Oct!") Then I could die happy... after buying all of it and watching it 6 times, of course. Anime hyper
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote
^^ Sweet news! I love the Chibi Party OVA; it was so cute!
DFBTG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I'd cry with happiness if Funimation announces they've got the new series AND they're going to stream it like they did with Shikabane. Of course, I doubt that'll happen. Shikabane Hime (as with most of the stuff they've put online) doesn't have nearly the fanbase of FMA. That being said, they probably could completely ignore online outlets for the show and still make a pretty penny off it.
JackCox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea if they did this with Aaron Dismuke and Dameon Clarke, I know Patton has been doing some work at Funimation again, I can't tell you what it is.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Ah ii.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Come on, everyone here knows it:

They're gonna announce the acquisition of the new FMA series.

What else could it be? More and more companies have been on the ball about releases lately and let's face it, FMA made them a crapton so it wouldn't be shocking in any form that they get it.

And if it isn't that... Well, they'll announce it not too much later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4