• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Mysterious Cities of Gold DVDs, Rintaro's Yona Yona Penguin Dated

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VLOXY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I can hardly wait for Belle and Sebastian. I have had money saved for years. It has to be coming soon.......... Surprised
kitsunelady

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I watched Mysterious Cities of Gold when I was in kindegarten. Anime hyper I hope watching it now doesn't ruin my childhood illusions of it's awesomeness, haha. That happens a lot...e.e
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't remember Mysterious Cities of Gold, but does it look to anyone else like those anime from the era when it could pass as something that wasn't quite American, yet you weren't sure what the country of origin was? If I'm rambling and no one understands what I mean, please carry on.
Grico

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I remember watching cities of gold but nothing actually about it since i was like 6. It makes me real curious to buy it and see it.
condorfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:26 am Reply with quote
...I will now date myself Smile by remarking that Mysterious Cities of Gold was one of the things that helped me pass high school French. I lived in Canada and it ran in French but not English; I didn't even know it had been done in English till I saw my then-to-be husband's anime tape collection, as he'd taped it off Nickelodeon. Smile
Soooo... we will definitely be getting the DVDs.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote
Finally! I've been tracking that US Date for almost two years. I will be buying it day and date.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote
The premise doesn't look too stellar from an adult perspective, but I'll be keeping an eye on Yona Yona Penguin. Allegedly, efforts have been made to grant the film some originality in spite of it being produced entirely with CGI.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote
condorfan wrote:
...I will now date myself Smile by remarking that Mysterious Cities of Gold was one of the things that helped me pass high school French. I lived in Canada and it ran in French but not English; I didn't even know it had been done in English till I saw my then-to-be husband's anime tape collection, as he'd taped it off Nickelodeon. Smile
Soooo... we will definitely be getting the DVDs.

It is funny how the English version didn't get aired in Canada at all, yet it was dubbed in Montreal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1