• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Removes Moribito from Weekend Schedule

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Gah! And they don't even have it on their website to watch there. This is rather annoying. I mean, go ahead and move Code Geass before it, but do we really need more Inuyasha?

Last edited by Mad_Scientist on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote
WHAT!~ that was the BEST anime they were airing!

I swear, sometimes it seems like the masses have no taste if something like this does so poorly ratings-wise it gets canned. this is more disappointing than Wolf's Rain only getting one full rerun.
TheTheory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote
this is the sound of me not being surprised in the least.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Weazul-chan wrote:

I swear, sometimes it seems like the masses have no taste if something like this does so poorly ratings-wise it gets canned. this is more disappointing than Wolf's Rain only getting one full rerun.
Well, that's how it's always been..and that's how it is ...it always seems like the masses have the worst tastes in all things...anime, music, movies, games, ect ect.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote
To try to kill off repeated questions in advance, no, no one knows exactly why this move was made, nor has [as] made any sort of announcement about it as of yet. Those of us who are (increasingly disgruntled) denizens of their forums will try to keep the general populace notified if anything comes up.
Son Biggie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote
TheTheory wrote:
this is the sound of me not being surprised in the least.

ditto and putting it on a later time didn't help it either....
Cait

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Great, and just as I had actually gotten into the series. Now I have to hope Blockbuster has it for rental. I know the ratings were probably low and everything, but Adult Swim does these shows no service by continuously changing the schedule like this. It's very off-putting to not know if a show will be on one week or the next.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Weazul-chan wrote:

Well, that's how it's always been..and that's how it is ...it always seems like the masses have the worst tastes in all things...anime, music, movies, games, ect ect.
I know... but when stuff like this happens it just make me... grrrr. they could have at least put it back on at 5am, then I could at least get it recorded. now I have to wait for more DVDs of it. sure, I was planning on getting them anyway, but I liked watching it on AS with my mom (and she was getting pretty into it, too, even thinking about borrowing the book from me).
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quote
You've gotta be kidding me. Right when new episodes were set to air once again, they up and remove it from their schedule? Seriously? They make us wait two-and-a-half months for new episodes and now THIS?

What the hell, [adult swim]? Why must you torment us so?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quote
maybe it IS true, what some say... maybe they really do hate us...
herbkir

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Evidence from Adult Swim's own public ratings announcements indicated Moribito's ratings were about on par with Geass R2, so it was hardly a ratings disaster. It was bringing in over 200K viewers each week in the 1:30 timeslot. So maybe it wasn't ratings at all.

I suspect it might have been problems with supply. For instance, what if Media Blasters had gotten only the first 10 episodes from defunct Geneon in dub, and sold them on the assumption they could finish dubbing the rest in time for airing. But something went wrong and Blasters couldn't finish the project.

So far, only the first 10 episodes of Moribito have been put onto DVD. The first two DVDs are out with Eps. 1-7 while the third DVD with Eps. 8-10 is due for release in mid-February. I haven't heard anything about future releases of the rest of this series.
I really like the show but at this moment I can't buy or rent DVDs past Ep. 10. Which is a bit frustrating. (^_*)
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote
herbkir wrote:
Evidence from Adult Swim's own public ratings announcements indicated Moribito's ratings were about on par with Geass R2, so it was hardly a ratings disaster. It was bringing in over 200K viewers each week in the 1:30 timeslot. So maybe it wasn't ratings at all.

I suspect it might have been problems with supply. For instance, what if Media Blasters had gotten only the first 10 episodes from defunct Geneon in dub, and sold them on the assumption they could finish dubbing the rest in time for airing. But something went wrong and Blasters couldn't finish the project.

So far, only the first 10 episodes of Moribito have been put onto DVD. The first two DVDs are out with Eps. 1-7 while the third DVD with Eps. 8-10 is due for release in mid-February. I haven't heard anything about future releases of the rest of this series.
I really like the show but at this moment I can't buy or rent DVDs past Ep. 10. Which is a bit frustrating. (^_*)

Interesting. Adult Swim stopped airing Bleach for a while to let the dub get ahead I believe. Of course, when that happened I believe we knew the reason why fairly soon, and we also knew when Bleach would be coming back.

If's there's some sort of problem with the dubbing of Moritibo, who knows when we'll finally be able to see it.
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:51 pm Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad I love this series!
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote
You are freakin' kidding me... Exclamation

I don't believe this. Moribito is one of the best shows that AS and CN have going and they've pretty much cancelled it? Why'd they even bother to repeat the first 10 episodes then?

Bastards!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Wow, now they can show more episodes of Robot Chicken and Frisky Dingo! Won't that be fun?

Last edited by penguintruth on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10