• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York Comic Con - Viz Media [2009-02-08]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ginrai1984

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote
hiroyuki takano lol?don't you guys mean hiroyuki takei?!

also has anyone asked around if viz is gonna continue jojo bizarre adventures or not?
DFBTG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Seems like they've been busy. But, NANA finally coming out!?(...in America!) Super special awesome! I noticed that the encyclopedia page said it was licensed, always wondered if that was a mistake given how long it was like that without a release date being announced.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Natsume Yuujincho and Missin. Viz, you have made my week Smile
rinjichan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only wondering why "I"s" was put in every instance where the word "is" is supposed to be?
Shepperoni

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Yu-gi-oh R? Is this another spinoff series like GX and 5D's?

Quote:
Am I the only wondering why "I"s" was put in every instance where the word "is" is supposed to be?

I just thought they were trying to shamelessly promote the upcoming release of the I''s OVA set. Wink
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And starting with the July issue, Shonen Jump will begin serializing Stan Lee's Ultimo, the manga he is co-creating with Shaman King's Hiroyuki Takei.

Damn, that AOD'er was right. And I was hoping we'd get Watsuki's Frankenstein, too.
Tamsin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Shepperoni wrote:
Yu-gi-oh R? Is this another spinoff series like GX and 5D's?

It's not exactly a spin-off: it has the original cast, and is set during the original manga (between Battle City and Millenium World). But it wasn't written by Kazuki Takahashi (he only came up with the original concept).
Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote
So the first part of Honey and Clover will finally emerge from the black hole later this year in box set form? Excellent! That's great news, even if from what I've seen Part 2 hasn't been licensed yet.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:13 pm Reply with quote
It's awesome to hear they'l lbe releasing the DOGS manga, but too bad there's no Bleach news.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote
DFBTG wrote:
I noticed that the encyclopedia page said it was licensed, always wondered if that was a mistake given how long it was like that without a release date being announced.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-07-26/viz-adds-nana-tv-honey-and-clover-tv-more-death-note

You can use the new "lookup sources" function at the bottom of each Encyclopedia entry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DFBTG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:09 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
DFBTG wrote:
I noticed that the encyclopedia page said it was licensed, always wondered if that was a mistake given how long it was like that without a release date being announced.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-07-26/viz-adds-nana-tv-honey-and-clover-tv-more-death-note

You can use the new "lookup sources" function at the bottom of each Encyclopedia entry.

As if this announcement wasn't enough I do feel rather foolish. At least I didn't report an error about it...now that would have been embarrassing. Not that laziness is much better. Live and learn?
At any rate, thanks for pointing that out.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Man, I hope Viz continues this trend (of sorts) to license shojo anime. NANA and H&C do not interest me, but I think this is positive.

It always irks me when they put on the back cover of the Aishiteruze Baby manga, for instance, "Inspired a popular anime series in Japan!" Well, gee, I'd kinda like to see it then. Oh wait! It's not lisenced and only available in fansub form. So why did you use it as a selling point, slapping it on all the back covers, Viz? Anime hyper
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quote
Glad to see that they haven't forgotten about Honey and Clover. It's been over a year since Viz licensed it and I was getting worried as to whether they'll ever release it.

Also, looking forward to Asano's What a wonderful World and Gogo Monster. I'm quite happy that Viz went for more Seinen manga this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1