• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zeta Gundam movie on the way

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dejiko

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:04 am Reply with quote
From what I first heard, this movie was to be compiled from the existing TV-series footage. Of course, I hope this is not true and that this movie means brand new animation for my favorite Gundam title... please say it is so! Smile
BlaznRoarn

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Translations from the new Newtype say this :

"Returning as a 3 part movie.
This is just not a simple revival. This is a new Gundam movie experience for the new generations of fans that enjoyed Gundam SEED."

So there ya go, should be bad ass.

ah, new pic for ya too
http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/nt601.jpg
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Condensed movies are wack and I'm positive this is what this is going to be. If not, then Tomino better be involved, or they should just leave it alone.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this will do for Zeta what the Mobile Suit Gundam trilogy did for the original series: provide a cheap, but just about equal-quality alternative for consumers who don't wish to spend whatever the MSRP is for a 40+ episode TV series.

So lesse...supposedly-revamped Zeta compilation trilogy, SEED compilation miniseries, and a dubiously-confirmed SEED sequel that I'm about to go stir-crazy waiting on news of. This is turning out to be a pretty productive 25th anniversary for Gundam, afterall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
but just about equal-quality alternative for consumers

I wouldn't say that. The story-line and character development is butchered. I don't know why the Japanese are so obessesed with this concept. I think it goes back to Space Battleship Yamato. Basically just a way to make easy money, because you don't have to pay for new animation.
Vekou

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Just like the original 0079 movie trilogy, this will be partially old, compiled footage and partially reanimated. Regardless, I can't wait.

Believe in a Sign of Zeta!
eva05

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:35 pm Reply with quote
It's funny

I actually prefer the trilogy of movies to the original series but I have a hard time imagining a condensed version of Zeta...

I'd also be surprised if Tomino was involved because I've heard him comment that he thought Zeta was too dark, at BAAF 2 years ago.

Let's hope it smokes...Zeta is my fav Gundam series of the lot.

j
darkhunger
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:14 am Reply with quote
According to Animage (and this site: http://aeug.blogspot.com/ ), the first movie will have 1/3 new footage and 2/3 digitally remastered footage. What that means for the quality of the old footage is unknown, but theoretically they'd want to get the old stuff as close to the new footage as possible since there's quite a discrepancy in how animation looks today from how they looked in 1984...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1