• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragonball Evolution Toys Shown at Toy Fair

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me... or is the Oozaru wearing a variation of the Saiyan armor??
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, they're exclusive images in the sense that someone from MTV went there and took pictures like the other hundred websites out there. Wink

And Toywiz is pretty notorious in the collectors community for ripping people off and shady practices. It's run by Ken Shamus, brother of Wizard Entertainment CEO Gareb Shamus. The pair have been accused in the past of selling an excessive amount of ToyFare exclusive figures through Toywiz, figures that normal buyers are allowed only one or two of due to limited numbers (and it seems they still do). ToyWiz is also listed as one of ToyFare's price guide sources which has lead to accusations that they have a strong influence over the guides prices in order to defend their own high store prices. Just not a store I'm going to support.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Rob Bricken will look at these. I can only imagine the cracks.

That Chow Yun-Fat figure looks horrified. Maybe because he's seen the film?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Toys are toys. nothing new to me.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quote
They didn't look that good to me especially Master Roshi.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
These will TOTALLY beat the pants off of the Revenge of the Fallen toys. I know everyone shares my sentiment.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quote
I didn't know ANN has it's own Dragonball website.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:14 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
These will TOTALLY beat the pants off of the Revenge of the Fallen toys. I know everyone shares my sentiment.

I'm curious if these will even find room on the toy shelves between the Wolverine/X-men, TF and G.I.Joe movie figures. Hasbro is going to be own a lot of toy department realestate this year (especially when you factor in that the movie figures will be displayed with the standard figures of those franchises). As it is distribution for the current crop of DBZ and DBGT figures have been extremely selective even within store chains (some Walmarts have them, but many don't).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Well, they're exclusive images in the sense that someone from MTV went there and took pictures like the other hundred websites out there. Wink

And Toywiz is pretty notorious in the collectors community for ripping people off and shady practices. It's run by Ken Shamus, brother of Wizard Entertainment CEO Gareb Shamus. The pair have been accused in the past of selling an excessive amount of ToyFare exclusive figures through Toywiz, figures that normal buyers are allowed only one or two of due to limited numbers (and it seems they still do). ToyWiz is also listed as one of ToyFare's price guide sources which has lead to accusations that they have a strong influence over the guides prices in order to defend their own high store prices. Just not a store I'm going to support.

Emerje

There's the only thing you need to pick up on. Wink

You know we're going to be buried in godawful DBE merchandise now, right? Blankets, video games, dinnerware sets, children's card games...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1