• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 1.0 to Screen at AFI Dallas 2009

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:13 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, it comes a little closer for the rest of us.

Hey, FUNi's website has a 11/10/09 release date listed.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote
Too bad it'll be sub-only, I want to know the English vocal cast dammit! Still, if I was in the area I would definitely go. Too bad Dallas, TX is too far away from I am. Like several states too far. Like I'm on the East Coast too far.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I just hope we see a theatrical release like they did with the Fullmetal Alchemist movie. The big screen is the best way to watch something like this!
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I think the only chance it'll have is in art houses. That's how I had to see Cowboy Bebop on the big screen.
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Well Funi...claps at speed.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote
snl67 wrote:
I just hope we see a theatrical release like they did with the Fullmetal Alchemist movie. The big screen is the best way to watch something like this!

And hopefully it will have more than a "LOL 1 DAY 1 SHOWING" like Sword of the Stranger just did. You cannot attract any kind of audience who isn't already aware of it by doing that. Theatrical airings are pretty much the only thing you can't replicate from downloading, so it's worth it for any kind of anime movie, unless it's Pokemon or other kids' stuff.

But I think if the ticket prices are going to also be expensive if they are for an exclusive event, I'd rather just purchase tickets to a normal movie showing to save money.
cnav

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote
the original evangelion series was decent enuf..the guys who made nge are milkin the franchise like hell and i hope this film doesnt do well..
i was a fan of the original series ,,and seein such money makin tactics kinda makes me feel bad..hideaki anno is a greedy person..
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:06 am Reply with quote
Though I'm very interested in seeing the events of the first several episodes retold with high-def animation and some new scenes, I hope things really get different from 2.0 onwards, as they said they would. It'll be interesting to see the new ending when 4.0 is finished...given how much time has passed, it leaves one to wonder if it'll go off in a completely different direction than EoE.

EDIT: Also, I bet 3.0/4.0 releases in 2010. Anyone who knows anything about Eva's production will know the significance of next year.
cnav

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:11 am Reply with quote
what is the official ending for the NGE franchise...?????
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote
cnav wrote:
the original evangelion series was decent enuf..the guys who made nge are milkin the franchise like hell and i hope this film doesnt do well..
i was a fan of the original series ,,and seein such money makin tactics kinda makes me feel bad..hideaki anno is a greedy person..

You know, it's not very cheap to produce a set of 4 movies like these. If he used the same level as animation as a modern TV series, then yeah you could make that argument. Gainax is probably blowing all their profit off their other works to get these done and done the way Anno wants with larger amounts of cash than he had in 1995. He's not greedy, he's just a very artistic troll.

cnav wrote:
what is the official ending for the NGE franchise...?????

There is none, hence trolling.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quote
Milking? Maybe once Evangelion starts to stink, sure, but the TV series, EoE, the manga (main one, not the spin-offs), and Rebuild have been excellent so far IMHO.

Unit 03.5-ish: considering there's a new main character in the second movie (don't worry, Asuka will show up too), I imagine the story will have to go in a different direction.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1