• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Penguin Dreams

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:58 am Reply with quote
...Is he humping that rainbow?
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quote
Noby Noby sounds like a knock-off of that TI calculator game.

Quote:
Eidos shows every sign of accepting, so it'll be interesting to see just how this affects the company's current projects, which include a Deus Ex prequel. Perhaps we'll get another game in the critically lauded and even-handed world of Total Overdose and Chili Con Carnage.

More like another unwanted Tomb Raider sequel. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I'm surprised you didn't get a sneak preview of Chun Li. But then you might not be missing anything, judging by these clips.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:21 am Reply with quote
This might be the final push I need to finally get Prinny. A tough platformer sounds like a nice change of pace, and I generally like to use my PSP for platforming games and save my PS3 for other types of games.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:54 am Reply with quote
I want Noby Noby Boy so bad. I used to be obsessed with Katamari, so anything from that team is a must play for me...although from what I've seen and heard, this is less game-like(?), if that makes sense. Awesome, nonetheless.

As for Star Ocean, I heard that this is officially the last game of the series...but I don't know how much I buy that.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:02 am Reply with quote
What no Onechanbara? Oh well. I want the prinny game. It can't possibly be as bad as Persona 4 which I am making my way though right now.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quote
It's a shame NISA didn't think to fudge the title a little to reference a famous indie title with a similar concept. Imagine: "Prinny: I Wanna Be The Hero!"

That said, am I the only one who noticed the typo in that story screenshot? Tsk, tsk, NISA. Where were you when they handed out the beta testers? Under the table?
B.K.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:

That said, am I the only one who noticed the typo in that story screenshot? Tsk, tsk, NISA. Where were you when they handed out the beta testers? Under the table?

I was just about to comment on that. I can't believe how lazy NISA is with their localizations. I don't think they do any QA on their games. I really wish they would go out of business and let Atlus handle their games again.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:
In America, however, they've mostly brought out licensed games based on everything from Ben 10 to Naruto, which I imagine involved some cooperation with Namco Bandai in the first place.

Actually:

In Japan...
*Tomy publishes Naruto games for Nintendo systems.
*Namco Bandai publishes Naruto games for PlayStation systems.

In America...
*Tomy and D3 co-publish Naruto games for Nintendo systems.

So if Namco Bandai acquired D3, we might see the Namco Bandai logo on Naruto games for Nintendo systems in America, but in Japan you'd still only see the Tomy logo.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:40 am Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
It's a shame NISA didn't think to fudge the title a little to reference a famous indie title with a similar concept. Imagine: "Prinny: I Wanna Be The Hero!"

And NISA shows it's usual lack of concern for quality. They must have used babel fish or something for the translation.
toddc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:58 am Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:

I should probably note that it was fixed for the final game, though I saw a few other typos that weren't. As long as the entire game is actually translated, it'll be an improvement on what NIS did with Ar Tonelico II.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:09 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the Prinny review.

This actually discouraged me from buying the game. The difficulty factor doesn't sound particularly appealing to me. Of course, with a thousand disposable Prinnies, it's not going to be a game-killer, but I prefer to have some momentum control in my jumps...

In other news, I'm still enjoying Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness on my PSP.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:15 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Quote:
In America, however, they've mostly brought out licensed games based on everything from Ben 10 to Naruto, which I imagine involved some cooperation with Namco Bandai in the first place.

Actually:

In Japan...
*Tomy publishes Naruto games for Nintendo systems.

In America...
*Tomy and D3 co-publish Naruto games for Nintendo systems.

So if Namco Bandai acquired D3, we might see the Namco Bandai logo on Naruto games for Nintendo systems in America, but in Japan you'd still only see the Tomy logo.

And Ubisoft publishes and develops Naruto games for Microsoft platforms.

Now, who is going to make a Naruto game for the iPhone? Razz
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quote
EEEEDDDGGGEEEE MMMAAAAVVVVEEEERRRRIIIIICCCCKKKK!!!!

Yeah, it's a dumb name, but hey, so is Cloud Strife Razz

SO4 might be worth a shot, even after 3 had a silly Matrix-style plot twist.

Also, will that new Ys remake have the same stupid battle system of...running into enemies and overpowering them with your stats? Seriously, DUMBEST BATTLE SYSTEM EVER.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
EEEEDDDGGGEEEE MMMAAAAVVVVEEEERRRRIIIIICCCCKKKK!!!!

Yeah, it's a dumb name, but hey, so is Cloud Strife Razz

Laughing When the released the first info for FFVIII, and I found out that they were moving from "Cloud Strife" to "Squall Leonheart," I joked with my friends that FFIX would star "Thundercloud Angst." Things were DECENT for a few games, and then we ended up with Lightning and Snow.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote
As interesting as that Prinny game sounds, I don't have a Playstation portable. As for the other games, Blue Dragon doesn't interest me, Y's seems decent, but still I am not going to spend money on it and I wish I could play the last Star Occean.

I played the playstation 1 and playstation 2 games, so at least I played two out of the five. Great reveiw though on Prinny Tod.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3