• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Frontier Works Plans Bishōjo TV Anime for This Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:14 am Reply with quote
C'mon, make this bishoujo series a yuri one! Surprised

Has anyone attempted to figure out that image?
4nBlue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:01 am Reply with quote
Famitsu revealed the complete character designs for Episode 1 of Umineko and Beatrice's voice actor as Ohara Sayaka.

http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/1222475_1558.html

Character designs look good, maybe the milfs could have looked a bit older. Not that sure about Ohara Sayaka having enough range for all of Beatrice's mood swings.
ani12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quote
Cool, cant wait, especially for Umineko.

(Though I am still annoyed that they copyright claimed one of my videos on Youtube << )

EDIT: Also, When They Cry-Seagulls? << How about When Seagulls Cry? Sounds less weird.
evening

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:04 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
Famitsu revealed the complete character designs for Episode 1 of Umineko and Beatrice's voice actor as Ohara Sayaka.

http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/1222475_1558.html

Character designs look good, maybe the milfs could have looked a bit older. Not that sure about Ohara Sayaka having enough range for all of Beatrice's mood swings.

Thanks for the link Very Happy The characters look off to me, for some reason, probably from playing the novels. Kanon looks too old, and Eva and Kyrie too much like generic anime characters.
That said, I'm still excited to see Umineko animated!
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Yes, please! There hasn't been nearly enough yuri lately! Also, liking the character designs. Very different from the rest of the series. That's a good thing, imo. I loved Higurashi, but that art was a pain to stomach.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Yes, please! There hasn't been nearly enough yuri lately!

You know given the shades of the pixels being gray, black, and white with a pinkish background, I'm thinking of this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheMikosWordsAndTheWitchesIncantations

But I could be really, REALLY delusional! Laughing

Quote:
Also, liking the character designs. Very different from the rest of the series. That's a good thing, imo. I loved Higurashi, but that art was a pain to stomach.

Definitely the character designs look different yet very pretty. It looks like Umineko has a decent share for cute bishoujo girls and pretty bishounen guys for anime fans to indulge on.
Katsu Koneko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote
NYAHHH! X3 -dances-

Yay for an air date-ish! Anime hyper

This will brighten my summer now. :3
Juhachi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quote
The "big hit PC game" FW is adapting will most likely be Fortune Arterial by August, which was a big hit last year, and got the highest number of sales for a PC game in 2008 on Getchu.com: http://www.getchu.com/pc/salesranking2008.html

If not that, I guess Tsuyokiss 2 and G-Senjou no Maou are also possibilities (which ranked 8th and 10th on the linked list, respectively).

Of course, the only other one would be Little Busters! by Key, but I think we all know it'll be KyoAni that'll eventually do that one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1