• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Munto Anime to Get Theatrical Finale in Japan in April

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quote
You have GOT to be ****ing kidding me.

Okay KyoAni, you've won. You officially are the most trolliest of all anime companies out there. First you put up a meager 9 episodes, THEN announce a manga and THEN proceed to announce a MOVIE.

I give up with you and expectations of how you handle future productions...
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quote
Watch what you say about Kyoto Animation. There the most epic anime company there is, they can do whatever they like! I hope they make a Clannad Movie Staring Fuko! I'd die then get resurrected then get on the first plane to Japan and I'd see that movie in theaters.

Anyway I hope Munto makes it to America I Order the 2 OVA DVD's thats out here in America I hope the TV anime and the Movie get Licensed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jarmel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quote
I guess KyoAni is trying their hardest to make sure this isn't a dud even though it sure is appearing that way.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:06 am Reply with quote
Hey, I have nothing but the 'utmost' respect for how they handle Key productions and the rumored Tomoyo After/Planetarian double feature supposedly going around.

But their handling of Haruhi and Munto is just a 'bit' annoying to me.

And I have no fears about the Key adaptations because you know, that's what gets them the bigs bags of money.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:09 am Reply with quote
Tomoyo After/Planetarian double????????????

Oh no not more Tomoyo I hate her.

Where did you hear this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:36 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Tomoyo After/Planetarian double????????????

Oh no not more Tomoyo I hate her.

Where did you hear this?

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffuuing.blog53.fc2.com%2Fblog-entry-19.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Got the link from a forum thread on Animesuki, it's quite clear that planetarian is mentioned and honestly, if only because the rumor started circulating about a movie back in 04, I think it has a better chance.

Essentially, TA would be 60 minutes long, followed by a 30 minute Planetarian feature.

But it's open to interpretation. Like I said, it's a rumor atm because no one understands WHAT the blog means.

And what's so bad about Tomoyo? She's the most unique of all the characters there... A mature female character who's serious and manages to handle most of the crap life tossed at her.

You should read up the plot for TA, it's quite good and has the more authentic 'Key tragedy' akin to Air and Planetarian.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:43 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Watch what you say about Kyoto Animation. There the most epic anime company there is, they can do whatever they like! I hope they make a Clannad Movie Staring Fuko! I'd die then get resurrected then get on the first plane to Japan and I'd see that movie in theaters.

Anyway I hope Munto makes it to America I Order the 2 OVA DVD's thats out here in America I hope the TV anime and the Movie get Licensed.

You really need to let the whole LOL EPIC thing go. You're killing the word repeatedly. Nothing KyoAni does is epic except maybe parts of FMP and Legend of the Galactic Haruhi. Epic IS NOT a synonym for good or awesome. I suggest you read several dictionary definitions before you continue to rape it.

And while it's your opinion, you vastly overrate KyoAni. They make quality productions, but they focus only on one thing and have an exceedingly short history of production compared to other studios like Sunrise, Toei, JCStaff or even GONZO. And before you do what you did in that thread in the past, don't just pick like three shows they've done and say they suck, that's not how it works. You have to really look at every single production overall and through time to be able to gauge how well they've done. For KyoAni, I can't be too overly critical because they haven't done much, but I can tell when people vastly give them more credit than what they're due.

And how much Key stuff is left? I know Little Busters will happen sometime, but I wish KyoAni would try other things because appealing to moe~ fans.
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:18 am Reply with quote
You know...I knew something was a little fishy when there's only going to be 9 episodes of the anime (2/3 of which was previous OVA material). Some have suggested why the heck didn't KyoAni just make a third OVA rather than an anime series? Well, I guess here's our answer. My guess is that they're trying to draw in more viewers with the short anime run, then release the movie to hook the people who want to see more. And while I really don't like their tactic, I have been successfully suckered into watching that movie when it comes out. Embarassed

But honestly, a 24 or even 13 episode series would've fleshed out the story nicely, as well as provide much needed character background. As it is right now I am disappointed in KyoAni for short changing a series that had a lot of potential.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:41 am Reply with quote
While I don't particularly care for Munto, I would so love to see a Planetarian OVA.

That little game made me shed quite a few tears.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote
And the Munto movie seems just a rehash with new footage. Way to go. Laughing
And it's just on 2 theaters too!
hara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Director: Yoshiji Kigami
Series Composition: Yoshiji Kigami
Screenplay: Yoshiji Kigami
Episode Director: Yoshiji Kigami

He controls the whole franchise so why is the new movie called a "director's cut" if there isn't any other person who ever was involved in the direction the projects took?

But hey, I've got an idea how they can even do more recycling! How about releasing the TV series as three new recut OVAs?

Honestly, are they trying to make Munto into some classic franchise like Gundam oder Evangelion? By force?
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:05 am Reply with quote
YAAAAAY!!! I knew that the Munto series wouldn't simply end in a meager 9 episodes!! Yay Kyoani! I knew you weren't the type to disappoint (even though I have Haruhi)! Very Happy
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:34 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
And while it's your opinion, you vastly overrate KyoAni. They make quality productions, but they focus only on one thing and have an exceedingly short history of production compared to other studios like Sunrise, Toei, JCStaff or even GONZO. And before you do what you did in that thread in the past, don't just pick like three shows they've done and say they suck, that's not how it works. You have to really look at every single production overall and through time to be able to gauge how well they've done. For KyoAni, I can't be too overly critical because they haven't done much, but I can tell when people vastly give them more credit than what they're due.

And how much Key stuff is left? I know Little Busters will happen sometime, but I wish KyoAni would try other things because appealing to moe~ fans.

I don't think that KyoAni is overrated. They are getting their first theatrical feature now. That's something that they should be congratulated on. KyoAni is small so you really shouldn't expect a massive amount of stuff from them like some of the others who have 3 studios within them (eg. BONES).

Key isn't dead and they have a new vn called Rewrite. So there's more material for KyoAni in the future.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I don't think that KyoAni is overrated. They are getting their first theatrical feature now. That's something that they should be congratulated on. KyoAni is small so you really shouldn't expect a massive amount of stuff from them like some of the others who have 3 studios within them (eg. BONES).

Key isn't dead and they have a new vn called Rewrite. So there's more material for KyoAni in the future.

To me...it's more like they're buying time for Haruhi season 2 still.....but still I'm happy yet disappointed at the same time. I waited 4 years for a remake of the series and I get 2/3 of the series as complete recap of what happened 4-6 years ago.....good news is a theatrical film, but hopefully it's actually GOOD!

The other bad news is we're going to have to wait at least 6 months before an R2 DVD becomes available.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
While I don't particularly care for Munto, I would so love to see a Planetarian OVA.

That little game made me shed quite a few tears.

I absolutely agree with everything in this post. I tried watching Munto, but to call the first episode disjointed would be giving it too much credit. The pacing was awful.

I cried so much during Planetarian. I was completely bawling for about half an hour, wiping my tears trying to keep going. I'm actually quite shocked it hasn't got the OVA treatment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2