• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aurora to Publish Ujin's Peach! Manga in North America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote
No Uncut TenTen yet? Right, call me when CMX bothers to not be puritanical asses.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to be very curious as to how they do edits for that series.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Good for Aurora! I've been curious about Ujin's manga, so I'll probably at least purchase the first volume.

Last edited by Ingraman on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
No Uncut TenTen yet? Right, call me when CMX bothers to not be puritanical asses.

How many years ago was that?
They've released some interesting titles since.
Just because you're not getting your panty shots, you're upset?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:

Yes, and some of them are pretty damn graphic. I can attest to that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
CCSYueh wrote:

Yes, and some of them are pretty damn graphic. I can attest to that.

Tell me.
I discovered Yuri Narushima thru TP's Planet Ladder & Young Magician has its moments.
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:

Too bad, you're missing out on Emma, which is ten times the manga that tenten could ever aspire to be.

When is CMX going to announce Hyakko? I've been holding off buying the tankubons, on the expectation that the CMX/Flex relationship will yield a North American release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Ujin. The source of the very first hentai anime I ever saw, U-Jin Brand in the VHS days, now it's called Tales of Seduction. One story about an pop composer who makes decisions based on rolling a pencil and sleeps with young, prospective idol talents, and two stories about a suave company president who solves the sex and relationship issues within his company with help of his "storm of cherry blossoms" samurai-style shoulder tattoo (which is involved in the dramatic conclusion of every story and seems to have spawned a lot of parodies). Oh, and he's paid in rare video games. Now that's a buried treasure! (Are you reading this, Justin?)

But that said, Peach doesn't look like something I'd be interested in. Just felt like reminiscing I guess.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
perroloco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:11 am Reply with quote
Isn´t he the same mangaka from Sakura´s diary or something like that??? I´d habe prefered that over this one, but still I might buy it, just because I kinda liked Sakura´s diary...
I hope this means more hentai titles in the way for the U.S.
Hopes for "Hen", "Love Junkies" and "To Love Ru" (though this one is not hentai, but maybe too wild for Viz´s Shonen Jump Advance Line?)
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Ah, Ujin. The source of the very first hentai anime I ever saw, U-Jin Brand in the VHS days, now it's called Tales of Seduction. One story about an pop composer who makes decisions based on rolling a pencil and sleeps with young, prospective idol talents, and two stories about a suave company president who solves the sex and relationship issues within his company with help of his "storm of cherry blossoms" samurai-style shoulder tattoo (which is involved in the dramatic conclusion of every story and seems to have spawned a lot of parodies).

Oh, so that's what those were! Now I recall. Laughing

(Besides, it's rite of passage for J-idols... That and the expected "nudie book" once they turn 18.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1