• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuwari-san TV Comedy Anime Created by College Student

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
Whenever I hear cannine of Justice, I instantly think of Ramen Fighter Miki. The dog(Toshiyuki) bites for world peace.

Who knows, maybe this will to be as hilarious as Ramen Fighter Miki?
nagato316

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote
This is pretty much the dream of many an otaku...creating an original anime and actually seeing it on television...I wish Yagi-san well in this and future endeavors.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Whoa! That's cool! If an anime can be created by a college student, then I can create one too!!...sort of.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Pretty funny how the first one to respond to a dog-centered anime is Teriyaki Terrier...

Anyway, by just the shown image alone, this is pretty unconventional, at least by anime standards. The general concept reminds me of "Underdog, and the style is pretty cartoonish in the American Saturday-morning-cartoon sense. Guess lack of convention really helped the creator get noticed...good for him!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Pretty funny how the first one to respond to a dog-centered anime is Teriyaki Terrier...

Anyway, by just the shown image alone, this is pretty unconventional, at least by anime standards. The general concept reminds me of "Underdog, and the style is pretty cartoonish in the American Saturday-morning-cartoon sense. Guess lack of convention really helped the creator get noticed...good for him!

I was wondering if anyone would actually notice that. I am glad someone did.

The show looks like it has promise, if possible I might watch it. It's rare that a college student actually had his work published while he was still retively young though. I wish good luck though.
MH Knights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Is that Anon as in Anonymous? The Futaba/2Ch is strong with this one...

More power to the guy, live the dream man!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Whenever I hear cannine of Justice, I instantly think of Ramen Fighter Miki. The dog(Toshiyuki) bites for world peace.

Canine of Justice reminds me of McGruff the Crime Dog - take a bite out of crime! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1