• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rumiko Takahashi's Latest Series to Launch on April 22

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
Well I myself am looking forward to reading the work Viz Media licenses of hers not to long ago. I am just glad Rumiko Takahashi hasn't retired yet, she is one of the best female manga artist of today.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I just hope the new series she makes doesn't have the "even though i like you, i'll pretend i don't by fighting with you" style of romance that she keeps doing.

i mean...she's good at writing it. but by now it's just getting a little old. oh well. I'll probably still read it even if it did have that though.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote
We'll see how this goes. If she starts to stylize it like Inuyasha then we're going to start having problems. Then it could get stretched out, and feed the haters more.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I hope that they release all the 3 OVAs on DVD soon though Confused
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
I just hope the new series she makes doesn't have the "even though i like you, i'll pretend i don't by fighting with you" style of romance that she keeps doing.

i mean...she's good at writing it. but by now it's just getting a little old. oh well. I'll probably still read it even if it did have that though.

Well that is kind of her thing. Plus she does it so well too. I predict this new series will have a penguin in it.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
kawaiibunny3 wrote:

Well that is kind of her thing. Plus she does it so well too. I predict this new series will have a penguin in it.

I agree with you on that is style of writting, but you lost me at the penguin remark. Why do you think it'll have a penguin in it? I am not critcizing you or anything, but seemed almost random.

I loved Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha (Inuyasha was my first anime). Richard Ian Cox (the voices of Ranma and Inuyasha) was great, he really worked hard to achieve the sucess the shows had.

I'd be fine with anything, even if the protagonist was like Ranma or Inuyasha.
Patches

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
Cool, I hope that they release all the 3 OVAs on DVD soon though :?

If by "soon" you mean "in approximately one year". The ad for the preview DVD (which is not bundled with the book as previously thought, but is a 500-copy limited edition release that you have to enter a drawing for) indicated that the full "It's a Rumic World" OAV disc will go on sale "winter of next year".
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:01 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
[

I agree with you on that is style of writting, but you lost me at the penguin remark. Why do you think it'll have a penguin in it? I am not critcizing you or anything, but seemed almost random.

Yeah I'm just being random. No real details about the series is out yet so I'm throwing out my guesses. Odds are it will be another action/comedy/romance series like Ranma and Inuyasha and I predict that some where in the main cast or supporting cast there will be a penguin. And if it's just gonna be a comedy/romance series then there better be a penguin!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1