• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Blue Dragon Dub.DVD 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote
That fight with general logi was definately the best in the series. It's ashame that these reviews are too harsh on the series. Sure it's medicore since it's edited but it's still a decent kids show.

[b] Cause even at it's worse,it's far superior to the debacle known as 4kids edits. I can guarantee that the series would've been much worse if they were running it!!!![/]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Would the gnomes really need special Headache Hammers? You'd think regular ones would be more than adequate to the task.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, you won't have to go through much more of Blue Dragon, as a new volume of the series hasn't been solicited in a long time. Likely meaning the series' DVD release has been cancelled. Whoops.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I've given up watching the dub of this. And I'm not even sure what to say about the subs (they're taking too long on them). I think the game was all this series needed. The anime does ruin the game's storyline after all and despite how many dragon fans are squealing at the second season, it just doesn't do anything for the avid anime fan. I think they were better off making the game into a manga and leave it at that.
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I heard from Kyle Hebert (VA for Kiba Inazuka of Naruto, and Gilliam of Blue Dragon) on his Kibavox AIM screen name that Viz is in the process of making uncut Blue Dragon DVDs and changing a few lines here and there for the uncut version. I asked him when they were going to be released and he said he doesn't know since he doesn't directly work for Viz, just the dubbing studio. He did say they did plan on making an uncut version to begin with and that Viz made a special deal with some people.

When I asked him all this was toward the end of last month in February.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also want to say that I like the dub version of Blue Dragon except for the censoring video and when they censor dialogue to meet requirements for the kiddies. I think the reviews of this series are quite harsh. When I first watched it it was kinda boring at first....well the first 4 episodes. After that from then on I liked it.

I think a good amount of anime fans into shonen action anime have overlooked it. Blue Dragon may not be my number 1 favorite anime but it's up there...number 4 on my list. Bleach ranking number 1 on my list of course.

in my opinion I think the Blue Dragon anime had a better story than the game. I didn't like the idea how the main characters got their shadows in the game, that was lame.

The reason why Viz canceled the edited DVDs because they weren't getting enough people to buy them. Hopefully when the uncut DVDs come out then more people will buy them. Personally I hated how Viz released the edited DVDs. they took it from the original widescreen and made it fullscreen and they chopped out quite a bit on each side.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote
DranzerX13 wrote:
I heard from Kyle Hebert (VA for Kiba Inazuka of Naruto, and Gilliam of Blue Dragon) on his Kibavox AIM screen name that Viz is in the process of making uncut Blue Dragon DVDs and changing a few lines here and there for the uncut version. I asked him when they were going to be released and he said he doesn't know since he doesn't directly work for Viz, just the dubbing studio. He did say they did plan on making an uncut version to begin with and that Viz made a special deal with some people.

When I asked him all this was toward the end of last month in February.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also want to say that I like the dub version of Blue Dragon except for the censoring video and when they censor dialogue to meet requirements for the kiddies. I think the reviews of this series are quite harsh. When I first watched it it was kinda boring at first....well the first 4 episodes. After that from then on I liked it.

I think a good amount of anime fans into shonen action anime have overlooked it. Blue Dragon may not be my number 1 favorite anime but it's up there...number 4 on my list. Bleach ranking number 1 on my list of course.

in my opinion I think the Blue Dragon anime had a better story than the game. I didn't like the idea how the main characters got their shadows in the game, that was lame.

The reason why Viz canceled the edited DVDs because they weren't getting enough people to buy them. Hopefully when the uncut DVDs come out then more people will buy them. Personally I hated how Viz released the edited DVDs. they took it from the original widescreen and made it fullscreen and they chopped out quite a bit on each side.

If what you're saying is true, I'll consider it. I'm not suprised about Viz getting enough people to buy them. The problem is that they're edited for the brats. That's irritating. I admit maybe the anime does some things better (such as giving the Shadows personalities, though I still think Blue Dragon needs to adjust his attitude a bit; the whole "I don't need you Shu" thing got old fast) but it still ruined the game's original story overall.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1