• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FX

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Is the company FX a bootleg company? I'm noticed their logo's on alot of things that cram 26 episodes onto 3 discs and they have their logo on my Kenshin 12 disc boxset which I know is bootleg. So are these guys even a real company at all???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:48 pm Reply with quote
What you have there is your 100% completely authentic bootleg. Smile

Inotherwords, yes, they only produce boots, and I'm not talking leather.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
gnollman

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Are they a real company? Yes. Are they a real company that only produces bootleg products? Also yes.

So, don't buy FX. Buy legit.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Before I knew what they actually did, I typed in "FX" on a search engine and found a site that claimed to make copies of CDs and DVDs, but not in the name of entertainment. They were advertising more for business things like backing up files or some gibberish.

Now I see what their mask of deciet is. Yes, they use this as a coverup for their heinous acts of bootlegging. I used to have a few of their bootlegs myself, but after finding out more on the actual topic, I decided to stop buying them and go LEGIT.

I'm currently working on getting a lot of R1 box sets to repent for my sins, much like Kenshin, only I don't use a sakabattou Razz Laughing.

And welcome to the forums, Jinchuu! Wink
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:07 am Reply with quote
So why don't U.S companies get rid of FX which usually rip R1 DVD and recompress them to thier format. I guess they're based somewhere in China or Taiwan which makes them untouchable to our laws.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Part of the problem is that they're well-entrenched.

Some bootleggers produce DVDs on boats in international waters, which means countries are only going to take action against the boats that run the DVDs to shore (heh. i wonder if someone could hire a private navy to blast them?)..

Other bootlegging companies have hired fall-men to get caught and serve jail time, while the company continues producing DVDs.

Others are just so well-known that no one would think of them AS a bootlegging company (Ken's response to MI's bootlegging status, for instance, is a perfect example). They've been around so long, and are so well-known; they also make what appears to be a high-quality product, whereas "bootleggers" make cheap cardboard imitations.

It's a really difficult situation, and it's not as easy as walking over to HK, knocking on a few doors, and *poof* the company is gone. It would take a massive, coordinated international effort to uproot them... and even then, someone would get away and just start the business up somewhere else.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1