• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
www.toywiz.com

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~AllGodAnime~

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:25 pm Reply with quote
this site is off the hezzy!! check it out. im sure you heard of it if not well here it is..................

www.toywiz.com
gnollman

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea what you just said...
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Toywiz... When it comes to pissing off customers they do it in a colossal way. You see, Toywiz.com is owned by Ken Shamus, the brother of Wizard Entertainment (Wizard magazine, Anime Insider, ToyFare, etc.) CEO, Chairman, and Founder Gareb Shamus. Of course being brothers they're going to do each other some favors. Whenever one of WE's publications has some sort of limited exclusive like an action figure or statue, especially ones that are limited to one per customer, guess who get's more than their fair share. To make matters worse theyr'e usually given a 500% markup ($10 -> $50) and tend to be up for sale (and on ebay by them) before regular customers are shipped. It's widely believed that Gareb actually holds cases for Ken to pick up from his office, but there's no actual proof of that.

Either way I find the practices at Toywiz.com to be way too shadey to support. Incidentily I rarely by any of Wizard's publications any longer either.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, although I'm not quite inclined to agree with you on the markup being quite so high, I am miffed at the nepotism. It's hard enough for vendors to make a business work as it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm not going to say the things that happened, happened for sure, but there are just to many things that look to point in those directions.

Here's probably the best account from a situation that took place back in 2001.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sakura-san

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:08 am Reply with quote
Neither heard nor visit that site, but i could check that one, what kind of site is that anyway?? Confused Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1