• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Production I.G. Animates Music Video for Oasis

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NegativeZero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:08 am Reply with quote
The original (non-animated) video is on the band's youtube channel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
AoiHonou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:54 am Reply with quote
Hopefully they don't have any problems with regards with the rights (as what happened before with Paradise Kiss).

Looks like Oasis joined with the likes of Simple Plan and The Click Five with associating their music with anime.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:09 am Reply with quote
But Oasis did it with Production IG and everyone's salivating. Whereas Simple Plan and The Click Five did it with a show that's not able to be accessed by Region 1 viewers. Less salivation.

Besides,Geneon got the rights for the Paradie Kiss and Ergo Proxy songs. Ditto for Viz Pictures and Death Note. The only song that had problems was the one for Speed Grapher ("Girls on Film" by duran duran).

Of course Honey and Clover and NANA haven't been released yet so my fingers are crossed that their songs made it over.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote
Ooo. Actual incentive to buy the single new (I buy most of my anime music used). Hmmm... I'll have to see the price. Japan is notorious for overpricing its special editions.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote
AoiHonou wrote:
Hopefully they don't have any problems with regards with the rights (as what happened before with Paradise Kiss).

Wait, they didn't get to use the Franz Ferdinand song with Paradise Kiss in the American release?? I know they got screwed with Duran Duran's "Girls on Film" for Speed Grapher (a darn shame, since the opening credits were choreographed to it, and were one of the best things about the show), but I hadn't heard that!
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote
since it's a new Oasis song, it could actually generate outside interest in this series. that would be pretty weird.
Analog_Now

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
That's cool an animated music video for a band. Eden of the East probably brought in a lot of new fans to Oasis, for one it did for me after hearing the OP I started to like them, Anyways I'm sure the video is going to be awsome.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
AoiHonou wrote:

Wait, they didn't get to use the Franz Ferdinand song with Paradise Kiss in the American release?? I know they got screwed with Duran Duran's "Girls on Film" for Speed Grapher (a darn shame, since the opening credits were choreographed to it, and were one of the best things about the show), but I hadn't heard that!

I don't know, my Geneon copy of PK has Franz Ferdinand on it, so I'm guessing everything was fine?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:30 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
I don't know, my Geneon copy of PK has Franz Ferdinand on it, so I'm guessing everything was fine?

Yeah, I noticed later that hikaru004 corrected that, i.e. only "Girls on Film" was a problem. Must be the difference between Geneon and Viz.
JackCox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
With Regards to Girls on the Film I believe it had to do strictly with Duran Duran.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
since it's a new Oasis song, it could actually generate outside interest in this series. that would be pretty weird.

If it ever gets licensed, whoever owns the rights to Oasis music in the states won't allow it, same like what happened with Girls on Film with Speed Grapher. I'd also venture to say without constant 4-6 PM anime on easily accessed cable (ala Cartoon Network's Toonami from the early 2000's), anime will never reach the same audience it did before. Sure the internet aspect is growing, but you already have looking for it. Seeing it on TV randomly is what brings people into the fandom. Think about all the people who are here because of Pokemon, DBZ, Sailor Moon, and even from Sci-Fi's Saturday Morning anime. Now it's just the same as it was before anime was on TV.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
If it ever gets licensed, whoever owns the rights to Oasis music in the states won't allow it, same like what happened with Girls on Film with Speed Grapher.

I doubt they "won't allow it", but they may demand more money than it is feasible to spend.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1