• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kannagi's Takenashi Reports on Recovery, Planned Return

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giascle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote
So we still don't know how she was sick?
Bisuketto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
It's good to hear that she's doing better. Some of the reports on her well being while she was sick was kinda scary.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quote
giascle wrote:
So we still don't know how she was sick?

Maybe she doesn't want people to know. All that matters is that she is doing better and is on the road of recovery.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quote
I argue that giving the fans of said work, that they don't honestly deserve to see Kannagi get continued.

I meen why should she work just so she can get lambasted for not following the Moe Moe never been 'effed (because real love is totaly about that, by the way) guidlines apprently handed down by GOD.

Chripes.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
I argue that giving the fans of said work, that they don't honestly deserve to see Kannagi get continued.

I mean why should she work just so she can get lambasted for not following the Moe Moe never been 'effed (because real love is totaly about that, by the way) guidlines apprently handed down by GOD.

Chripes.

So because a very small part of the fans are morons, all of the fans should suffer. Should Naruto be cancelled because Naruto cosplayer smacked Sasuke cosplayers ass while creaming, "yaoieeweee!!!!".
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:15 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:

I mean why should she work just so she can get lambasted for not following the Moe Moe never been 'effed (because real love is totaly about that, by the way) guidlines apprently handed down by GOD.

Chripes.

Well if you go against certain "expected" developments of shonen and moe, then you deserve what you get. She "violated" a few rules and got a lot of rage from the fans who spent a lot of money expecting a certain product and got something different. I hope her publisher gave her a good lecture for what she did. Hopefully, that franchise can recover from her "mistake".
Mikuru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:21 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

Chripes.

Well if you go against certain "expected" developments of shonen and moe, then you deserve what you get. She "violated" a few rules and got a lot of rage from the fans who spent a lot of money expecting a certain product and got something different. I hope her publisher gave her a good lecture for what she did. Hopefully, that franchise can recover from her "mistake".

So creativity is a mistake?
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Well if you go against certain "expected" developments of shonen and moe, then you deserve what you get.

Normally that would be 'praise'.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Mikuru wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

Chripes.

So creativity is a mistake?
Creativity is what breads wrongthought.
Cat Megex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:

Chripes.

hikaru004 wrote:

I found this manga page kind of funny, all things considered.
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:46 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:

Eh... the people who 'seriously' raged were in the minority... 2ch absolutely dissed the fudge out of those people... and lots of people were jumping on the bandwagon for lolz and to work up those "offended" otaku into a bigger frenzy... it's 2ch lol...

And Kannagi's never been more popular than it currently is...
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

Eh... the people who 'seriously' raged were in the minority... 2ch absolutely dissed the fudge out of those people... and lots of people were jumping on the bandwagon for lolz and to work up those "offended" otaku into a bigger frenzy... it's 2ch lol...

But are they spendng the same as what they were before that little incident? Did the big spenders come back? In the end that's what counts.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:18 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Westlo wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

But are they spendng the same as what they were before that little incident? Did the big spenders come back? In the end that's what counts.

Manga sales are up and the anime was one of the best selling titles last year. Do 500 morons (and I'm being generous here in numbers and describing them :p ) really count when all is said and done? DVDs hold sold over 10,000 per volume and IIRC the last manga volume did over 50,000 first week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1