• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Phantom at 1 p.m. CDT on Thursdays

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Why can't they put this up on Hulu instead of streaming on their site? I hate watching things streamed. Sad
holybell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quote
@Julia-the-Great: That I do not want. Since I live in Canada, it would not be fair for me or others not being able to watch this series if they put it only on Hulu.

Last edited by holybell on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Too bad this is a series that doesn't interest me. I really do wish Funimation would do something "drastic" and finish up Hare and Guu. All that is left is the OVA series finale.
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Too bad this is a series that doesn't interest me. I really do wish Funimation would do something "drastic" and finish up Hare and Guu. All that is left is the OVA series finale.

Funimation didn't license the Hare and Guu TV series and Deluxe OVA, they distributed them for AN Entertainment (Anime Nation). It's been mentioned several times over the years in his Ask John column that H+G's sales weren't too good (and I'm pretty sure that he's even confirmed that they won't license Final).
Kaminari Kozo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Its great Funi is doing this but videos takes ages to load, it has taken me an hour just to load one episode!!great quality but.....so...s..l..o...w...zzzZZZ
sunflowerseed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I tried to watch the new stream from the very link they have for the EP.5 subbed version and all I got was pausing of the show as if I was on dial up which I am not I am on Cable. Hope they work out the streaming problem Funi- didn't used to have any 'lag' with streams I had watched.

The shows premise is what makes it interesting, which is the bond between the girl and the guy, as spoiler free as I can make it. Working through the Japanese voice actors to bring about this bonding and the animators makes it interesting. It is not the up front appearance of a bunch of killers that the story is about.

For those that don't like it currently all I can say is there is story telling where someone rams it down your throat like your a 6 year old who understands nothing and theres story telling where the entire story evolves along the way as you have to figure stuff out yourself. I think the latter is which type this one is.

Thanks for trying Funi- but I cannot wait an hour for a 20 minute show to load, sorry.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quote
ManSlayer07 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Funimation didn't license the Hare and Guu TV series and Deluxe OVA, they distributed them for AN Entertainment (Anime Nation). It's been mentioned several times over the years in his Ask John column that H+G's sales weren't too good (and I'm pretty sure that he's even confirmed that they won't license Final).

...Great, another series I'll never be able to complete. Hare and Guu was a fantastic series, the first season was awesome. The second season wasn't as great as the first, but it was still fun to watch.

Funimation is one of my favorite companies (next to Viz Media of course) but I really wish I could complete Hare and Guu. But I suppose if its not full of moe and fanservice (like Kannon and Shuffle) it won't be such a blockbuster hit.

First Your Under Arrest, then Genshiken two and probably Hare and Guu Finale OVA. Although there is a better chance G2 will be released, but since Media Blasters decided to be complete jerks, I now doubt it.
luhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I wish the videos took an hour to load. I tried to watch Phantom ep. 3 last week and it took almost 3 hours. That is unacceptable.

I know the problem isn't on my end because I haven't had this problem at any other streaming sites.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:00 am Reply with quote
If you watch Brotherhood or Phantom on a Thursday, it's best to click, then go away for a while and give it time to load. For FMA:B episode 4, about 15 min. did the trick this afternoon.
Bushido Philosopher

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Late to the game, but I think this is important.

On the TV-Tokyo Phantom site, it says that it airs on Thursday morning at 2:15-2:45 AM. In my time zone, Pacific, that would mean that it would air at 10:15 AM on WEDNESDAY if it was simultaneous. So does this mean that Funimation airs a day after it does in Japan? Or does it mean that TV Tokyo should list it as Friday at 2:15 AM?

I hope someone's still listening to this thread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1