• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Kara no Kyoukai Film Slated for August in Japan

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:33 am Reply with quote
Finally. Was wondering when it would come out since it was originally anticpated for this Spring. Guess I just got to wait another three months....
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote
Yeah, jeez, and here I was thinking it might be out any day now. I wonder when the seventh DVD will ship?
DarkHunter6523

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote
@ANN
A fact correction on the last sentence:
Kara no Kyoukai originally only had a few chapters released on the web, authored by Nasu with Takeuchi's sketches, this was before they formed Type Moon and still under their previous circle name. It wasn't until after Tsukihime was released under the Type Moon name that Kara no Kyoukai was published in novel format.

Big Hed wrote:
Yeah, jeez, and here I was thinking it might be out any day now. I wonder when the seventh DVD will ship?

Add six months onto August and you have a gist of when the DVD will be released.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear. Also good is that we now have a date for the 6th movie's DVD release which is good for those of us following this film series by fansub.

I'm really looking forward to the final 2 chapters. Hopefully, someone here wises up and liscenses the series now that's it's about to be completed. I would definitely buy them.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Good to hear. Also good is that we now have a date for the 6th movie's DVD release which is good for those of us following this film series by fansub.

I'm really looking forward to the final 2 chapters. Hopefully, someone here wises up and liscenses the series now that's it's about to be completed. I would definitely buy them.

Not sure how the next two films are gonna follow film 5, but will still check them out. I wonder how the licensing would be, and if they'd all be released separately.
DPX

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Now all we need is a damn license comfirmation!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:

Exactly what I was going to say, except that I've been following it on DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote
DarkHunter6523 wrote:
@ANN
A fact correction on the last sentence:
Kara no Kyoukai originally only had a few chapters released on the web, authored by Nasu with Takeuchi's sketches, this was before they formed Type Moon and still under their previous circle name. It wasn't until after Tsukihime was released under the Type Moon name that Kara no Kyoukai was published in novel format.

Even when Nasu and Takeuchi launched Kara no Kyoukai on the web (before Type-Moon was formed), the story was already called a novel (web shōsetsu).
DarkHunter6523

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
Even when Nasu and Takeuchi launched Kara no Kyoukai on the web (before Type-Moon was formed), the story was already called a novel (web shōsetsu).

I'll accept that.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote
DPX wrote:

Hard to say since Fate/Stay and Tsukihime were both by Geneon USA. With Geneon USA and both titles still not rescued, it's hard to say whether or not Kara no Kyoukai will be picked up by Funimation. I certainly hope not by ADV.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
DPX wrote:

Hard to say since Fate/Stay and Tsukihime were both by Geneon USA. With Geneon USA and both titles still not rescued, it's hard to say whether or not Kara no Kyoukai will be picked up by Funimation. I certainly hope not by ADV.

F/S-N's been rescued by Funimation, and Tsukihime was rescued by ADV. Having said that, I'd be surprised if ADV is capable of licensing Kara no Kyoukai.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
DPX wrote:

There is no Tsukihime anime. Fate/stay night was decent enough though, but how well did those Type-Moon series do in terms of sales? I'd say that the KnK movies might be more viable if the licenses aren't outrageous, because they're extremely well executed and well worth owning; studio ufotable did an excellent job on the animation in each.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Considering I'm holding my Geneon issued Tsukihime artbox complete with all 3 volumes tucked away inside, in my hands now, I'd say it exists. Wink
4nBlue

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:03 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
I'd say it exists. Wink

And the fans of the game hope it would not. I really hope that the remake of the game will be followed by a new good anime adaption.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Considering I'm holding my Geneon issued Tsukihime artbox complete with all 3 volumes tucked away inside, in my hands now, I'd say it exists. Wink

Are you familiar with the concept of Discontinuity?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2