• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Onegai Series

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamthatdizzy

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:36 pm Reply with quote
YES, one more Onegai series... but lets hope it isn't as bad as Twins... cause that was god awful
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I can't say I'm disappointed by another Onegai series coming out. I actually liked Twins at some points. I know several people who disliked Teacher, but absolutly love Twins. Personally I liked the first series more as there was a more serious tone to it with an actual concept (in this case, falling in love in an arrainged marrige) that supports the underlying story. With Twins, although I found it amusing, I didn't feel that concept there, and that is where its primary weakness was.

I don't know how Onegai Friends will pan out, but I do hope that they will turn things around a bit and fix the weaknesses that Twins had.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
iamthatdizzy

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I loved Onegai Teacher, mainly because it was serious, Onegai Twins just didn't have that romantic connection in it like O.T. Did
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lumfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:00 am Reply with quote
Oh..kay Shocked ...so the sequel was such a success with its highly
'amusing' story about a boy in love with two girls that could be his sister! Mad What could the Japanese come up that could be more hillarious....how about.....animals and grandparents...Joy! Evil or Very Mad

Darryl G.
TF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:21 am Reply with quote
teacher was more of a romantic story while twins was more of a humorous story.

I wounder if Friends will be as good as the other 2 because it will be damn hard to do that.
Perhaps this will be the "series too much"
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:34 am Reply with quote
Personally, I'm looking forward to the next series. I liked Onegai Teacher, and I think Onegai Twins was even better (though I am aware that I'm in the minority on this).

To me, the only low point of the Onegai "franchise", so far, has been the Onegai Teacher OVA, which I considered mostly a waste of time. It was fun, but ultimately pointless. Not so the recent Twins OVA, which was quite fine.

Yup, I'm looking forward to O-Friends.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
megumi's guy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:38 am Reply with quote
I'll bet that in the new series that we'll find out that the three characters in Onegai Twins are half alien too. I always thought it was odd that none of the characters in Onegai Twins thought that one girl might be his sister and while the other was his half sister. Hopefully they'll explain Kei and Ichago's desease too.
TF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:13 am Reply with quote
wasn't the one his niece or so
Freddy C

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:13 am Reply with quote
Wow, news to me, yea, I hope this isn't like onegai twins either...have to say, im quite exicted about this. As for the name Friends...I'm guessing whoever the friends are don't turn out to be friends for long...

So when is this out?
TF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:35 pm Reply with quote
http://www.moonphase.cc/
it can probably be found there, somewhere,

if you find it, lemme know Wink
Freddy C

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote
TF wrote:
http://www.moonphase.cc/
it can probably be found there, somewhere,

if you find it, lemme know Wink

Is that for me? I f so, I don't read japanese...*confused* yea that site was pretty confusing if you don't know any japanese...
rage-demon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I also thought Twins was better than Teacher. I saw the difference between the two to be similar to the difference between Full Metal Panic and Fumoffu. The first was a little more serious while the second had a little more slapstick.

I'm actually looking forward to hearing more about Friends. Hopefully they'll do a good job with it.
Ramen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I saw Onegai Teacher and I thought it was pretty good. I have not seen Onegai Twins yet.

I do know that some of the most amazing resin figures have come out of both Onegai series. If that keeps up, then I'll be looking forward to Onegai Friends. Wink
iamthatdizzy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:28 pm Reply with quote
ill bet you anything they will make a hentai version and a TV version of One. Friends.... so they can fullfil the extremly odd sexual situations... it is bound to happen some day... and as for Twins being licenced... I wish they would just keep the title ONEGAI -> not Please!! I know it is translated to say please... but that just annoys the living hell out of me
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I hope the new one is Stop.

Teacher was ok and twins made me want to shoot the tv
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3