• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jun Planning USA Says It Is Still in Operation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
They're still in operation but no one's answering the phones huh? Sounds promising. Wink

It would be great if some of the planned figures get made and released after all but I'm not holding my breath. New product in the future maybe but right now I think the US branch is likely in full panic mode.
joelgundam00

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
They're still in operation but no one's answering the phones huh? Sounds promising. Wink

Most likely, the administration got laid off. That'll prevent the phones from being answered and the web site from being maintained.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I thought they shut US operations down. Or was that just a cut, and now the US branch is its own independant franchise?
Elfen Noir

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I've had one of their figures on preorder in the US for quite some time and no news yet, so I bought one from a Japanese store to cover my bases. If I get the US one eventually, I'll be happy; but, I'm not holding my breath.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Well that's nice and all, but I have doubts as to how well this company can do in the US alone. It was already rather small time before... I dunno, perhaps they'll come up with something of quality now, but I'm doubtful. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darcerin

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quote
So let's see..first they're running around telling us that they're not bankrupt, then they turn around a month later and say they're bankrupt.

Then they close their US AND Japan offices....and then reopen the US one? Meanwhile NO ONE answers the phone at the US one that is supposedly open?

So either I'm hearing a lot of double talk, or someone's giving out false information.

How on Earth could they possibly operate their US division if their main HQ is shut down back in Japan, especially now that they're bankrupt? Perhaps their just tying up loose ends, but none of this makes any sense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1