• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Dark Pucelle by Enterbrain

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axe-336

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I think I bought and played La Pucelle Tactics about as randomly as Bricken got the figure. I must say I'm interested in seeing a figure of this character, since she was a pretty cool character. The blue sword is actually accurate to one of her moves if I remember. Also, after a side mission she becomes less evil and more like Sia's unborn twin in Shuffle (To use a reference most should recognize).

If you haven't played the game, I can't necessarily recommend it unless you're a Nippon Ichi nut and are still living in the past with your PS2, but it is entertaing and has a pirate ship run by cats.
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I can't say I approve of the outfit, but at least she's healthy looking and not anorexic looking like many anime girl figures. I guess Krauser agrees too, seeing as he's almost all over her. Wink
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
They still make La Pucelle figures? Awesome.

This figure looks pretty great. If I had the cash, I'd pick it up. Although I'd rather have one of Prier...
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Man, I must have played La Pucelle Tactics about 200 hrs. back in college. Great game, great character, good figurine. Nice to see.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Random sleeves bother you after you reviewed a Miku Hatsune figure without qualms?
Ramune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
They still make La Pucelle figures? Awesome.

This figure looks pretty great. If I had the cash, I'd pick it up. Although I'd rather have one of Prier...

It's ironic. I JUST took a picture of my Prier figure yesterday night and I see this up today. Now Prier was released back in Dec. of 2007. I happened to find mine on Amazon last year at a fairly cheap price, so it's possible to still get a hold of her. Dark Eclair happens to be the most recent one I've seen from the Enterbrain La Pucelle figures (which only consist of Prier and this one). Not sure if they'll have any others. But being a fan of Ryoji Majima (the original artist), I might have to snatch up this figure as well.

Dark Elf Warrior wrote:
I can't say I approve of the outfit, but at least she's healthy looking and not anorexic looking like many anime girl figures. I guess Krauser agrees too, seeing as he's almost all over her. Wink

Yeah, that's another trademark of Ryoji's girls. It's a nice change and quite refreshing from the stick thin character designs that are more prominent really. They're mostly healthy looking, especially Prier. In fact she and Chun-Li were inspirations behind our comic character Mimi's human design.

And I nearly LOL'd at that Krauser figure's glomping in that last picture. If that's not a seal of approval, I don't know what else is. Very Happy
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
Rob wrote:
1) Unity Marriage is actually an eroge game

For your information, the word "game" here is redundant. "Eroge" is a portmanteau of "erotic game".

Rob wrote:
It's probably because it was made by Nippon Ichi, the game designers behind the similarly excessively Japanese Disgaia RPGs; Mastiff released the PS2 game in 2004.

I'm confused. Excessively Japanese? How so?
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:13 am Reply with quote
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
Rob wrote:

For your information, the word "game" here is redundant. "Eroge" is a portmanteau of "erotic game".

I'm sure he knew that. I see people say "eroge game" all the time, it's kinda like "PIN number". Ya'know, PIN stands for Personal Identification Number, so it's like you're saying "Personal Identification Number number"... But people say it so often you don't even really notice.

Ramune wrote:
It's ironic. I JUST took a picture of my Prier figure yesterday night and I see this up today.

Hmm, that looks pretty nice. I might have to pick that one up if I can find it next time I have some spending money.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:19 am Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
Rob wrote:

I'm sure he knew that. I see people say "eroge game" all the time, it's kinda like "PIN number".

I'm sure he did, but I figured the least I could do as a hypocritical grammar nazi can do is provide an explanation for my criticism. Wink

I'm quite curious about that question of mine, by the way.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:27 am Reply with quote
I've never been a fan of Enterbrain's figures. Overpriced for the lack-luster quality, and this figure certainly is no different.

This is one of those figures I'll see in the bargain bin/clearance section of websites to move it out of inventory, unless there's a limited production and they all sell out.

The swimsuit definitely turned me off and I agree it's much too skimpy for the design. Probably a selling point to those 12 willing to rush out and buy it. Admittedly, I do like the way they gave attention to the accessories detail, right down to the cross around the neck.

The boots and sword are off, but probably not a negative for fans. The expression on the face is enough for me to pass. So... dull. The silver plastic looks off as well, but that's just me.

Asking for a sample to review was probably best. Paying for this at $100+, not so much.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
I agree, I'm not really a fan of Enterbrain at all. They are definitely way too expensive and way too plain. There are any number of better companies out there, 95% of the time at a lower price, too.

I do appreciate the character design, since I like curvy women myself--to an extent--so that's nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
Wow, okay, yeah, that is a totally strange outfit. Although the figure looks better than the actual character designs, not a big fan of either I guess...
Sampatches

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, I love La Pucelle and am a big fan of Ryoji's original artwork! I was hoping one of the figures would be reviewed here. I wish I had enough money for the figure, it looks really nice even though the face is a bit plain. Love the Krauser pic at the end, too hehe. Cute!

Ramune - I love your Prier figure! XD

Now if only someone would make Marl Kingdom figurines...
Elves

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
(Very much like how Animal from the Muppets would say.) Krauser says, "This my woman. Back off! Ah...Harh...Ah." Or at least that's how I picture Krauser saying it based off the picture. He looks so very happy to be perched on her shoulder. Is that allowed? lol
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
Rob wrote:

I'm sure he knew that. I see people say "eroge game" all the time, it's kinda like "PIN number". Ya'know, PIN stands for Personal Identification Number, so it's like you're saying "Personal Identification Number number"... But people say it so often you don't even really notice.

I always use my PIN Number when I get cash out of an ATM Machine in order to spend it on an eroge game or some Japanese anime. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2