• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Burn After Playing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Ooo! I can't wait for "Flowers, Sun, and Rain"! I still need to pick up Contact DS, I totally loved Killer 7 and No More Heroes, long live Suda51!
bleuster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quote
The iDOLM@STER: Dearly Star! I'm totally getting that. I hope the camera feature is letting you "take photos" of you with your favorite idol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Todd wrote:
Is Final Fantasy IV: The After Years overpriced? Probably. Is it unnecessary? Perhaps. Yet its first course is faithful to its legacy, with solidly crafted battle mechanics, intriguing new pieces of the world, and the same air of engaging adventure that drew people to Final Fantasy IV in the first place. It's not 1991 and we're not easily enraptured kids anymore, but The After Years might just remind us that we were. For all of its cheap tactics and recycled parts, this sequel does justice to the first great Final Fantasy, and that's reason enough for it to exist.
Ahhh,damn it man.Now I gots to go get a Wii.I've been holding off until there were at least 10 or more worthy games for the system.(Ten is me being nice)

Did you play it yet,or did you just grab some screens?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote
Final Fantasy I-IV (or whatever they were called back then) were probably one of the best video games ever made. It was also the last Final Fantasy I ever played (when they came out). I haven't played any of the newer incarnations, but I was thinking about picking up the latest one when it finally gets released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:

Uh... that's what "review" means. It means he played it, and this is his review.
danielmer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
that is so awesome that FLOWER, SUN, AND RAIN finally came out in the U.S. after so many years.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Shadowrun20XX wrote:

Uh... that's what "review" means. It means he played it, and this is his review.
Ouch,Buzz-kill.It will be mine by Friday then.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:00 am Reply with quote
Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Sun and Punishment 2 definitely excite me. The Lords of Shadow stuff literally made me physically ill when I heard it when reading Joystiq's live posting at Konami's press conference. It's obviously just a marketing scheme to try and get that stylish action money while slapping Kojima Productions' name on it to pull the wool over the idiots' eyes. Plus MercurySteam is just another mediocre developer; hopefully this is forgotten quickly and we can find out what Igarashi is up to with that teaser his team had at TGS.

Well, anyway, the Zelda art also intrigues me since it definitely proves Nintendo is busy on a Wii Zelda.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It could be part of the new Zelda DS game, Spirit Tracks, but the art has little in common with that title's cel-shaded style.

No, it's definitely from a new Legend Of Zelda for the Wii. Miyamoto said so when he showed it at his press conference.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
That's a grand total of $37 if you want the entire game, and it's an unprecedented sum for a download-only title that uses Super NES graphics.

It's cheaper than the SNES game, and it's probably a pain to reverse engineer old roms with current computer technology, since the old and new software might not mesh well. And you're still getting a better deal than Japan, at least.

Quote:
If there were a Ghostbusters anime, I could justify a full write-up, but…

I think the original cartoon was outsourced to Japan.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:47 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty excited about the new Zelda. I do hope that the gameplay will be entirely fresh this time around. I immensely enjoyed Twilight Princess as much as the next person, but it was seriously marred by its re-use of a lot of gameplay concepts from the N64 and GC prequels, resulting in a lot of deja vu moments. Link's loss of his sword might add a nice twist to the gameplay in the earliest stages.

The new Castlevania looks promising, but so did the disappointing Lament of Innocence years back. I hope Kojima will manage to prove that Castlevania can be enjoyable in a 3D environment.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:47 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
Well, anyway, the Zelda art also intrigues me since it definitely proves Nintendo is busy on a Wii Zelda.

I've got mixed feelings about this one. On one hand a new Zelda is always great news, but on the other after the disappointing Twilight Princess I remain somewhat sceptical about it, especially given Nintendo's present course (which I'm very much not a fan of). Guess we'll just have to wait and see, hopefully they'll be able to bring something new to the table.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:36 am Reply with quote
Hm... I'll have to keep my eyes on Nier. I actually really enjoyed Drakengard, and found Drakengard 2 at least somewhat playable, so another game from Cavia will probably be right up my alley. Looks like 2010 will be another big year for games.
edzieba

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:27 am Reply with quote
I'm rather fond of Front Mission, but that trailer looks bad. Really bad. Low budget early-90s FMV bad.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:08 am Reply with quote
I'm wondering if we're going to see more of these old 2D games hit the WiiWare catalog, especially given Miyamoto said the Wii wasn't really powerful enough to do what he wants to do.

I downloaded S-E's Secret of Mana game and I absolutely abhor it. Not the game, but my recollections of why 2D games sucked to begin with. I'm not really sure if it's the remote causing the issue or not, but it just seems lining up to do battle needs to be more precise than I remember.

I can't say I'm a big fan of menu-system battles. Ugh. I was hoping there would be some leeway on its redesign, but it seems its more inclusive to use them.

I guess I just got too pampered with the gambit system in FFXIII, which was the best thing added to an RPG in decades.

Maybe others will add their 2 cents to this thread once they buy the game to let the rest of us know how "fun" it really is.
Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4