• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Survey: K-ON's Mio, Reborn's Hibari are #1 Bride, Groom

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:45 am Reply with quote
Wow, that is really pathetic. Don't these people these characters aren't real?
Brand

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

I think we might be seeing this a little out of context seeing the titles it looks like this was mostly young titles so most likely young kids answered the question.

If I was given the question what anime dude would you like to marry I could think of a character to answer with, but I'm not taking the questions seriously. It's kind of a fun what if thing. It's the same with movie stars I know I'm never ever going to date one but sometimes its fun to think of it.

So all in all I think these people might be more in touch with reality then you think, or rather young.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:55 am Reply with quote
what? Am i alone on this. I have never thought about this ever in my life. I watch anime to get away from stupid stuff like this. I watch it to see a good complicated story and characters, unlike a lot of media here. This article just made me feel stupid. Some people seriously need to get outside a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

TT, you are no fun sometimes. Like brand said, its just a little silly poll that really shouldnt be taken too seriously or make you ponder the mentality of the over-obsessed otaku and what might be wrong with some of them. Your just reading too much into it.

And I would totally love to have Yuki or Rukia be my wife. Oh! And Vash the Stampede would be my best friend! We will eat doughnuts together. and we will get shot at together. and we will cry together. and we will not shoot our guns until episode 5 together! and wewilllivethousandsofyearstogether! Andwewillturnourarmsintogiantgunsandblowupstufftostoparemissguidedevilbrothertogether! Thenwecanplaycards! Andwecanplaytag! Andwecan......

See. Have fun with yourself. If you get embarrassed by this then you've already lost at being an otaku or anime fan. It's when some fan girl bust out the yaoi paddle when you start slapping yourself on the forehead...
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quote
Am I the onlyone who finds it humorous that they skipped the pitfall of making a stupid statement by skipping Haruhi Suzumiya (crazy, maybe a bit dangerous), and Ritsu from K-on (crazy), but then somehow NGE's Asuka got in there?
LKK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:22 am Reply with quote
When I first read the article's title, I thought it meant the poll indicated that voters wanted K-ON's Mio and Reborn's Hibari to wed. The thought made me twitch. Laughing
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote
I laughed Anime hyper

About the Hinagiku thing from Hayate the Combat Butler she's been the most voted character in both the manga and anime for all there popularity polls so it isn't surprising
minakichan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote
For a moment, I thought they said Mio and Hibari should get married.

....He'd KILL her!

Actually, Hibari's a jerk, I can't understand that one. But I'm a girl and even I'd marry Mio X3

I think the guys' tastes are better than the girls'... I guess it's the difference between "a character you'd like to marry" and "a character who's really hot," since many male characters who fall into the latter category have no personality.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote
Wow, that Hibari dude must be some kind of stud to be picked top groom two years in a row. Glad to see my gal Taiga is on the list.

Wait, did somebody say something about anime characters not being REAL???
Xagor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Wow, that Hibari dude must be some kind of stud to be picked top groom two years in a row. Glad to see my gal Taiga is on the list.

They're not? Someone's been lying to me.
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

They are only real if you believe... or own a creepy body pillow. o.O Either one works really.
sashaisme

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
I wonder what would happen if this was done in America?
Panda Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote
sashaisme wrote:
I wonder what would happen if this was done in America?

Everyone would be all "That's pathetic, I would never vote." Then they would secretly vote even though they are embarrassed. People take things to seriously.

I myself would have voted for Taiga.
Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote
I never realised Gintoki was such a bishie Shocked 2nd 2 years in a row.

No idea what women I'd pick. Probably Yakumo from School Rumble
nagato316

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote
While I realize this poll and its results are meant to be taken as light and harmless fun, the one reason I shudder is because I wonder if, among the participants, there was anybody of a similar mindset to that otaku in Japan who tried to petition for an marriage license to wed Mikuru Asahina of TMoHS last year.

No, I'm totally not making that up. True (and thus somewhat sad) story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4