• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utena Director Ikuhara Works on New Anime's Opening

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quote
*Fangasm*

The only reason I started to watch Gun Buster 2 was the fact he worked on an episode. Though I kept watching because it was cool show.

Nothing still tops Utena in my love of anime though. I'd love to read his Schell Bullet novels some day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:02 am Reply with quote
Omigoodness D: I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I thought poor Kunihiko Ikuhara died after Utena or something since he hasn't really done anything since :<

I wonder what'll be like >< Utena and Sailor Moon are my all time favorite shows. so I hope this new show will make it to that category as well X3
woland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:12 am Reply with quote
My guess (I'm 99% certain however)

http://www.aoihana.tv/#

But I'm still waiting for nekomono no hanayome (the tentatively new work of Ikuhara as director)
Caelus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quote
I bet 100$ that it's Aoi Hana.

It is known that he likes yuri, and the last picture shows two hands that seems to have the school uniforms of Fumi and Ah-chan (as you can see here).
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote
Ohhh, can't argue with you on that point! Laughing

He's the perfect guy to work on this, and hopefully he gets a chance to direct some episodes.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote
Caelus wrote:

It is known that he likes yuri, and the last picture shows two hands that seems to have the school uniforms of Fumi and Ah-chan (as you can see here).

Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed that. Aoi Hana's got quite a few big names working on it, it seems!

Can't wait.

Last edited by Jedi General on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omoikane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:39 am Reply with quote
Does this mean episode 1 won't get an OP at this rate? LOL.
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote
That's exciting; I can't wait to see what it looks like. Ikuhara is so groovy.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Caelus wrote:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed that. Aoi Hana's got quite a few big names working on it, it seems!

Can't wait.

And I'll third the "Glad to see I'm not the only one" line. Anime hyper I picked up on that right away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
ven0m57

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, if he is only half done with only two weeks untill the premier. do you think that will effect the quality of his work? or is he just that good? i have seen some of his other work and loved it though.
PlatinumHawke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote
omoikane wrote:

Wouldn't be the first time. Hyakko didn't get a full OP until well into the series. GitS:SAC didn't have one either for a good while either, IIRC. There's likely a good many more examples.
ven0m57

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I apologize ahead of time because this is a really ignorant question but i'm semi new to the whole anime thing. what do you mean a full OP?
reanimator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
ven0m57 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, if he is only half done with only two weeks untill the premier. do you think that will effect the quality of his work? or is he just that good? i have seen some of his other work and loved it though.

I'm sure he's good, but they're really pushing it. He has experience of working on TV animation for twenty years, so he'll need 3 to 5 days to finish the rest of the storyboard. After that he has to oversee the layout, animation, FX, coloring, editing, and sounds within a week. If he can pull it off, then it's all good. If he can't, blame the schmuck who made the schedule.
ven0m57

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Haha understandable, that sounds like a heavy workload. I knew there was a lot of parts to making something like that but to try and fit it in a week? I agree that is undeniably pushing it. Though in all honesty from his experience and his talent (because i truly love his work) its not him per say i would be more worried about its the team he is working with . I wonder if they can handle that kind of pressure? Confused
TheBigN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quote
omoikane wrote:

As long as the final project is solid, I don't mind. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1