• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
An anime to TV drama series?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndrewPH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:55 am Reply with quote
hi i have heard there is an anime before which adapted for tv drama series.. so anyone know a list of other anime which had a tv drama adaption?

is it ok to post a link here? (@moderators and admins)

thank you
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
A bit difficult to understand, here is but what I know
Many of popular animes have live-action versions, for exmaple
Sailor Moon,- alternative story
Glass Mask, Shinigami no Ballad- anime made into drama
Nana, Cutey Honey, Saikano, Death Note, Dragon Ball- movie adaptations
Here's a list
http://www.listal.com/list/anime-live-action-movies
geishageek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Series like The Gokusen, Hanor Yori Dango, Zettai Kareshi (sp) have all had live action tv adaptations made in the last few years. The list of anime to live action movies has grown even larger.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
Series like The Gokusen, Hanor Yori Dango, Zettai Kareshi (sp) have all had live action tv adaptations made in the last few years. The list of anime to live action movies has grown even larger.
Though I didn't think Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend) was ever a anime (was it?). But anyway, just wanted to add a few more: GTO, Princess Princess D, Antique and Nodame Cantabile have had both anime and TV drama versions (with the latter 2, the drama predates the anime). Though it's really more a case of two adaptations-- one live, one animated-- of a source manga (with varying degrees of success-- Antique drama, I'm looking at you). Not a whole lot of overlap really, considering how many dramas & anime get made every year. But that's probably because dramas seem to do better with more "realistic" stories (no superpowers, robots, monsters, etc.) because let's face it, those types of special effects look pretty cheesy in live action (at least on a TV budget). Since that's not a concern in animation, fantastic stories are often better served as anime (just my 2 cents).

P.S. Oh yeah, Love*Com (a.k.a. Lovely Complex) also had a very cute live movie version before it was an anime. And Casshern, though that movie was not so cute...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:56 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
But that's probably because dramas seem to do better with more "realistic" stories (no superpowers, robots, monsters, etc.) because let's face it, those types of special effects look pretty cheesy in live action (at least on a TV budget). Since that's not a concern in animation, fantastic stories are often better served as anime (just my 2 cents).

True, true- if you want to watch Sailor Moon Live Action as a serious drama you can be disappointed- early Power Rangers series had better special effects, but if you threat them as a comedy they can be very funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1