• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Asura Cryin' 2 TV Series Green-Lit for Fall

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Can the Japanese please stop saying that a series with two seasons are two different series.

Now I like that the Japanese are actually getting the studio's time to actually animate the series properly but they don't need to call the breaks two different series.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quote
*waits for Zac Bertschy to stop crying in pain at the news*
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quote
yay~ one of my favorite shows this season. Summer is already looking good and Fall is now also looking promising with Shana and White Album already coming. Now Asura Cryin' 2 only adds to the list. I was wondering how they would deal with this since the novels were still going, but I guess Seven Arcs had something in mind. Looks like Seven Arcs may have finally woken up after failing with Sekirei and to some extent Inukami and Nanoha StrikerS. Laughing
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Can the Japanese please stop saying that a series with two seasons are two different series.

Now I like that the Japanese are actually getting the studio's time to actually animate the series properly but they don't need to call the breaks two different series.

Yeah, it's annoying now as all it really ends up being is one season split up for saving costs.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote
This puzzles me to no end how run of the mill shows like this get second season, yet well done shows such as Sketchbook or Azumanga Diaoh don't receive second seasons.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Japanese don't seem want to just say season 2 and so they say it's a sequel. At least we don't have to wait that long (not as long as what was the 6+ months for season of White Album when it had it's season finale over 2 months).
Animehermit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
This puzzles me to no end how run of the mill shows like this get second season, yet well done shows such as Sketchbook or Azumanga Diaoh don't receive second seasons.

*cough* Berserk *cough*
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

*cough* Berserk *cough*

*cough*Twelve Kingdoms*cough*

Wow, it's dusty in this channel or something.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:
*cough* Berserk *cough*
Missing Puck *cough* dug them selves into hole and couldn't continue *cough*

vashfanatic wrote:
Wow, it's dusty in this channel or something.
*cough* an actual end to Samurai Jack *cough*no more E-surance commercials *hack*
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:00 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
*cough* an actual end to Samurai Jack *cough*no more E-surance commercials *hack*

cough you're not funny cough
robtf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:06 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:

Hmm, let's see. Often times, for production reasons, they are two seperate series. It's just the way the animation industry works in Japan.

It worked that way with Australian live-action children's shows too.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote
Just to add to the debate, if seasons aren't produced in conjunction, ie if there's a notable gap, then they'll be classed as seperate series, and usually called something else.
For example, I doubt series like Queens Blade and this were planned to have second seasons from the start, but instead ended up having them due to their success while airing.
Yeah, there's better shows that deserve continuations, but money makes the world spin around, and if they don't do well enough to warrent a sequel, there wont be one. Simple as.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:46 am Reply with quote
So was the first series any good? I never got around to it, in large part because the spring previews were not very optimistic.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Wait a minute, you're puzzled on why Azumanga Daoih didn't get a second season? Yeah, what injustice, after all there's so much AD manga left to animate..... Confused
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:30 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Wait a minute, you're puzzled on why Azumanga Daoih didn't get a second season? Yeah, what injustice, after all there's so much AD manga left to animate..... :?

At least Azumanga Daioh didn't have countless panty shots or under aged fanservice. Also, if you actually watched the show, you would know all the of the characters graduated from high school and were about to enter college.

Yet instead of well thought out shows like that, we get garbage like this getting a second season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2