• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken - Bleach Girls DX Nell

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sashaisme

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I love that last picture! Laughing
GordanHam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Love the review. I was going to try and get the MegaHouse Ichigo and Rukia as a set but they sold out before I had a chance(T.T)
Hey Rob, I did get Robin and Vivi though and have reviews of them up at my blog: http://gordanham.wordpress.com/
I also got Clare. I love MegaHouse!!!
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's just really gorgeous to look at in an artistic way, as opposed to a raunchy way. I mean, that's an awesome pose and she actually looks just like the character (well, other than feet). $25 does seem a little on the pricey side, though. (saves the pictures instead)

What's the size of this thing?
Eruanna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Feet look fine to me?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ankoku22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
please note that I'll be using the name on the package instead of Wikipedia, and try not to lose your mind over it

The name on the package is probably correct anyway. Kubo sometimes takes several months to reveal the correct spelling for the arrancar names. For example, people have been calling another character by the name "Halibel" for ages, only to have Kubo reveal it as "Harribel" not too long ago. I'm not sure why he does that. Adding a text box on the manga page during an arrancar's debut would fix that problem.
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Nice review this week, glad to see you got a figure that is enjoyable. Of course, in my opinion, you can't always go wrong with series like Bleach. That last picture is funny! Razz Krauser you perv! Rolling Eyes
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote
You're married, and yet your wife lets you have sexy figurines? Talk about lucky.

A pleasant review, and Nell did look good. But you do write about the bad products so much better (like Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen). I kind of got the feeling you didn't know what to say in this review.

Oh, and Nell's feet look fine to me. It kind of threw me for a loop when you claimed they were bad.
Beryl7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Wow, great figure. And great review, as always.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:57 pm Reply with quote
ankoku22 wrote:
Kubo sometimes takes several months to reveal the correct spelling for the arrancar names. For example, people have been calling another character by the name "Halibel" for ages, only to have Kubo reveal it as "Harribel" not too long ago. I'm not sure why he does that.

My guess? To intentionally screw with his Western fans. He didn't start having these bizarre names until after the show was licensed, after all.
Elves

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
"Nell" the movie starring Jodie Foster...yep...no relation to Bleach. Bad joke still made me laugh. Cool I guess if you stretch things a heck-of-a-whole lot there might be some relation? ...hrm. Then again. *cough*
Enjoyed the review as always. And Krauser is such a perv. Though I shouldn't have expected anything else, ne?
gridsleep

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:09 am Reply with quote
I think a picture of Nell Fenwick from The Adventures of Dudley Dooright would have been even funnier than Jodie Foster. But, I'm of a different generation.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
ankoku22 wrote:
Kubo sometimes takes several months to reveal the correct spelling for the arrancar names. For example, people have been calling another character by the name "Halibel" for ages, only to have Kubo reveal it as "Harribel" not too long ago. I'm not sure why he does that.

My guess? To intentionally screw with his Western fans. He didn't start having these bizarre names until after the show was licensed, after all.

As annoying as his weird fiddle faddle names are, the idea of someone intentionally naming his characters in a deliberate attempt to confuse and agitate any non-Japanese fan makes me laugh.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:16 am Reply with quote
WAIT WAIT WAIT. That goofy kid who we first saw running from two Hollows that turned out to be her friends is actually...this?

...Yeah, I think the truth about "Mr." Yoruichi the cat has officially been trumped by about 700%.
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quote
Great review; I've been wanting to see a review of the BLEACH DX Girls line since I've considered getting Rangiku and Yoruichi, but held back because UFO toys are generally a huge gamble.
mufurc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:04 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
ankoku22 wrote:

Or maybe -just maybe- because it doesn't really matter to him and the Japanese audience, because to them the katakana spelling is enough? (Case in point: Hellsing. "Oh, I didn't really think about how to romanize these names, just use whatever spelling you like.")
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2