• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FanimeCon Reaches Record Size

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:25 am Reply with quote
Couldn't really tell, given how the con was. Definately not the best Fanime. When you schedual a con to get back at a 22 year+ sci-fi con, things just don't go smoothly. It was a good con though, for what it had. I'm sure PMX didn't help either.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
tekkaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:22 am Reply with quote
I went to FanimeCon, and it was great. The number of people show up is greater than previous year, and I got plenty of merchandises from the dealer room.
Ramen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree that the dealer room was top notch this year. Although there wasn't much in terms of industry, there were plenty of good deals to be had.

Other than that, it was about what I expected. The musicfest was nice too. Nami Tamaki was cool and Camino rocked!

However, I have to admit I'm starting to get tired of how disorganized the whole thing feels. It was so obvious that the concert was unrehearsed. They didn't have programs until the second day, and then the programs didn't even have a map of the convention center! The viewing rooms can't ever stick to a schedule. The volunteers are woefully uninformed. How long have they been doing this now? I don't know, am I make too big a deal out of this? Meh, maybe I'm just getting a little jaded about the whole "fan-run" con scene. . . [/mini-rant]
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Ramen wrote:
The volunteers are woefully uninformed.

I found that a problem at PMX as well. I spent two hours before the Fri concert trying to find someone who could confirm that I could take pics of Nami Tamaki. And the three volunteers manning the registration line couldn't tell me where the press sign-in was. Fourth floor, go left, two doors down on the right side. No signs anywhere in the hotel. Not cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1