• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
That Anime DVD/Video Game Sale Thread

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote
In short this whole thread is for dvd sales/deals at several stores:
Amazon
Best Buy
Big Lots
Borders
Deep Discount
FYE
Secondspin
Wal Mart.
(I may add other stores as things pop up)

I figured this could reduce the clutter in Retail thread as well and maybe people could go find things easily by store.

Credit for a majority of the findings belongs to WTK over at DVDTalk. A lot of the postings comes from a lot of different people at DVDTalk

Things to note: Most of the deals are easily found but sometimes deals are YMMV which means: Your Miles May Vary. Thats a short way of saying that while someone could find one deal at the first Big Lots they come to someone else may have to hit twelve of them.

Unless noted some of the deals don't have clear expiration dates.

You may see the abbreviation B&M on some deals. This means they can only be found Brick & Mortar aka In store. It means a physical store instead of online.

Another thing- I will (for example) post a deal for FYE and Amazon even if the deal is better at Amazon. Why? Because people might have credit at FYE or an Amazon gift card.

Feel free to post deals here or not here it doesn't matter. Also feel free to chat about problems you encounter trying to get these deals or what stores you'd like to see more of.

If you're looking for something a bit harder to find check out the Bargain Hunters Thread They specialize in searching for good deals for OOP items.

Last edited by britannicamoore on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:11 am; edited 27 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 am Reply with quote
I think this thread is a fantastic idea. Thanks for starting it up!
archaron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote
Wow great job britannicamoore, this a great reasource!
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. I'm glad to see it well received.

Since Borders rarely has dvd deals I won't make them a permeant fixture here as of yet. But they do have something this week.

Borders

Ends July 15th

40% off list price of
any single- or double-disc DVD or Blu-ray Disc -limit two

You need Borders rewards to get the deal but its free to sign up. Just ask your cashier person.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quote
Borders
All DVDs and BluRays buy 2 get the third free! Only at Borders.com Ends July 19th Code: BCD6344F

Earn Border's bucks faster! $5 for every $50 you spend Ends July 31****

***it seems you don't have to really do anything for this besides buy stuff.

Borders.com also has free shipping on orders over $25
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quote
DeepDiscount

The 25% off DD sale went live a day early. I'll post the list for some of the better deals later. For now here are the codes I'm promised.

DeepDiscount Codes: (can be used once per account, but multiple codes maybe used on each account)
DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
PRICESEARCH
YAHOO
ESPN
XM
JIM
DEALNEWS
LATIMES
WGN
WLS
PRICEGRABBER

DVD Planet Code:
25OFFSALE (can use multiple times)

Yes, DVDplanet also has the sale- so check them out!

I order my items through a site called: Cashbaq. Haven't heard of it? Simply put in your address and click to deepdiscount/dvdplanet or any of their other stores and get a percentage back. I got $21 back from the last sale- and they give you $5 for signing up!

This time around I'll be using bing! which gives you 4% back for deepdiscount. You sign up just like I said for Cashbaq. it's free and I haven't had any problems with my credit cards.

info you may need with the how to do...
bing
cashbaq

This link below is for you to sign up: refer a friend program- from me. I don't get any of your info- just a kickback for signing you up. Click down here if you want to help me out. It's much appreciated!
Cashbaq Refer a Friend

either way happy buying. I'm about to go nuts with all the sales.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore:
Using Casbaq.

I made some purchases through their link at DD, and nothing has shown up on my account, not pending, nothing. Is that normal? Or did I basically do something wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
britannicamoore:
Using Casbaq.

I made some purchases through their link at DD, and nothing has shown up on my account, not pending, nothing. Is that normal? Or did I basically do something wrong.

Hmmm. No idea. I'd wait and see what happens- they could be swamped. I believe my stuff showed up within a few days. If you don't see anything by Monday let me know. I'll see if anyone else is having that problem in the mean time.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:33 pm Reply with quote
WTK has posted the list of list of good delas that can be found over at DD.
Good deals await

Credit once and mostly and always goes to WTK. If I see anything he missed I'll post it up.

Dargonxtc- It looks like people are getting their cashbaq within a few minutes to a day. So maybe you did something wrong? Let me know if anything has changed.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Now that's some fine booty you've come across, britannicamoore. DVDplanet seems to be down though. I hope they show signs of life before the sale period expires.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Now that's some fine booty you've come across, britannicamoore. DVDplanet seems to be down though. I hope they show signs of life before the sale period expires.

Personally- I looked for a lot of the dvds I wanted over at DVDplanet and most of them were hella expensive. If you've got credit there then thats different I guess.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I want to jump on this DD sale, but I'm nervous because according to the retail feedback thread, they aren't so great in the shipping department. Things like broken discs and ruined box covers aren't exactly what I like to hear. Now, I have bought from them before, once, and it arrived in good condition, but I kind of think I was lucky. I'm curious, though, if I make a large order (5-7 things) are my chances less likely to be damaged or has DD gotten over that bad shipping thing and it's perfectly safe now? Can someone who orders from there often give some help?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I'm curious, though, if I make a large order (5-7 things) are my chances less likely to be damaged or has DD gotten over that bad shipping thing and it's perfectly safe now? Can someone who orders from there often give some help?

I don't think that will help. They tend to just put everything into a box and put some crumpled up paper around the edges. It's not the greatest packing job, especially if you compare them to someplace like TRSI where they go out of their way to pack things securely.

That being said, I have ordered a ton of stuff from DD over the years (not just anime) and have never had anything show up damaged. I did get a box set once with 2 copies of the same disc inside, and they took care of it right away so my experience with their customer service has been good.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Thanks ManOfRust, you've given me confidence to spend money.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Dargonxtc- It looks like people are getting their cashbaq within a few minutes to a day. So maybe you did something wrong? Let me know if anything has changed.

I was just coming on to tell you I must have done something wrong, since I have been checking that site everyday with no avail. But I just checked it before writing this to make sure. And sure enough, the money has gone through. So that makes me happy and feel a little less stupid.

So I guess it can take up to three days to process the pending rebates. Cool site by the way.

The King of Harts:
My experience has been the same as Man of Rust's. Bought a lot from them, had a damaged order once, but they took care of it. I will say it took a while to receive my replacement products, but I did get them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 61