• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2009 - Kikuko Inoue Focus Panel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamer_Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Anybody know where we can listen to the song from Wild Strawberry?
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The next question stepped into one of the less illustrious roles in Inoue's career: a part in the hentai anime Ogenki Clinic. When asked how the hentai voice acting experience compares to normal voice acting, Inoue admitted that she took the role since her agency told her the job would "be an experience that would give me breadth in roles." "I feel like I was tricked into it," says Inoue, who added that the hentai title isn't listed in the profile released by her agency.

Way to bring up old baggage, asshole. Rolling Eyes I'm just glad Inoue-san managed to branch out into legit work.

Quote:
"I don't know if the Onegai series will continue or not," said Inoue, "but I would love it if I could be on a show that runs as long as Sazae-san."

She must really be dedicated to that kind of work.
minamikaze

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quote
Gamer_Girl wrote:
Anybody know where we can listen to the song from Wild Strawberry?

Yes, you can hear them here: at this site

If you like the songs, you can also support the artist and actually buy the CD there too.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote
I would like to state, I am the one who asked the question about favorite roles.

...I sadly got a lame answer. But amusing comments on Sanae as a character.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:00 am Reply with quote
Hentai needs more pro-voice actors. I see Wakamoto in hentai every now and then, and it's awesome.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quote
Hey, everybody's gotta start somewhere.

I guess "breadth" could be a good descriptor...
nagato316

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
After introducing herself as a "17 year old girl,"

I love that line! Heck, I've admired Kikuko Inoue ever since I heard her in the original Oh My Goddess OAV and Ranma 1/2. As far as I'm concerned, she's timeless and ageless. Apparently the "I'm 17 years old!" line is a running joke of hers; she also used it a few times in the VA-hosted episode previews for Gankutsuou (she was an exquisite Mercedes Morcerf).

Quote:
As for roles she would like to play in the future, Inoue admitted that her childhood admiration of the Fujiko Mine character from the Lupin the Third series has her hoping that she can play a female spy/femme fatale role in the future.

If it were to ever happen, Kikuko as Fujiko = epic win. Very Happy
loplop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

I'm just glad Inoue-san managed to branch out into legit work.

Ero-anime and hentai is LEGITIMATE work. Whether or not someone chooses to do it or not to do it is their business. Many noted seiyuu do work for ero all of the time.

I normally count on Anime fans to be a little more open minded about such things . . .
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
If it's so legit, why'd they have to lie to her about it? Razz
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

They didn't lie, she said she felt like she was tricked into doing it: like her company/manager/whatever implied it would be beneficial to her resume, whereas it obviously wasn't. This isn't the same as, say, not telling her it was an H title until after she'd already recorded some of the lines.

It'd be kind of like having someone tell you instead getting a job as a bank manager, you should try managing a fast food joint first. It won't really hurt, but you don't really want to do it and it's not needed as reference if you're good enough.
loplop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
GATSU wrote:

They didn't lie, she said she felt like she was tricked into doing it: like her company/manager/whatever implied it would be beneficial to her resume, whereas it obviously wasn't. This isn't the same as, say, not telling her it was an H title until after she'd already recorded some of the lines.

It'd be kind of like having someone tell you instead getting a job as a bank manager, you should try managing a fast food joint first. It won't really hurt, but you don't really want to do it and it's not needed as reference if you're good enough.

Thanks, beat to the punch on that . . .
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote
They didn't say what exactly she'd be doing, or what role she'd be playing, which sounds like a lie to me. She sounds like, if she had known precisely what kind of H title she'd be dealing with, she'd definitely have fired her agent.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
They didn't say what exactly she'd be doing, or what role she'd be playing, which sounds like a lie to me. She sounds like, if she had known precisely what kind of H title she'd be dealing with, she'd definitely have fired her agent.
She stated that she was just starting out at the time. Rookies can't be that choosy or controlling.
Anime World Order

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Way to bring up old baggage, not-so-nice-person. Rolling Eyes

The only reason this happened was because Otakon explicitly listed it as one of her famous roles in her con guide description which matches what is posted on their website, which matches what was stated in their press release confirming her appearance at the convention. I asked the guy afterwards "how'd you know she did that considering that title is dub-only on DVD in America?" and he said "because the con guide said so."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I think Kikuko Inoue would be great at playing the "sweet-sounding, innocent-looking" badgirl.

In fact, I wish she'd been the voice of Morrigan Aensland in the Darkstalkers anime OVA series years back. The closest she got to that was voicing the character for an audio drama CD. She has the right vocal quality for that character.

As for Ogenki, everybody's got to start somewhere.

Fact is that she's come a long way and is known for so many other things before that business pops its head up. I could really care less since to me she'll be better known for Belldandy and Kasumi...

As for her being in a Lupin project, I'd look forward to that! Hopefully it's a film or TV special that actually makes it over to the US...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2