• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yellow, Steal Moon's Makoto Tateno to Attend Yaoi-Con

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quote
This is great news for people attending this year. I will not be able to make it as it falls on Halloween this year. I hope the Yellow 2 prints are as good, if not better than the original Yellow. I may pick up the omnibus collections, just for the new content. I wonder what it would be.
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:10 am Reply with quote
Yellow omnibus with new content? I wonder what the new content is...
Cait

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I was excited about it until I found out I have to work that week and can't take time off. *sigh* Oh, well, at least now I don't have to come up with a lie for my coworkers about where I would be mysteriously going to that weekend. Hopefully Tateno's next convention appearance in the US, which will probably take another three years, will be closer and not yaoi affilliated (I also missed her at Otakon three years ago).

ReiClone88 wrote:
Yellow omnibus with new content? I wonder what the new content is...

The Japanese versions of the two omnibus editions collected all of the color artwork from all of the previous volumes (so there are literally over a dozen color pages between them). In addition, the "Yellow EX" chapter (that was printed in Japan, but not released with the original English edition) was reprinted with the second omnibus. In the first omnibus is an extra chapter that was previously printed, but did not appear in the original English edition either (a very short extra called "Date"), and a newly drawn chapter called "Yellow 2007 Version," where Taki and Goh visit a church. There are also new postscripts by Tateno in both omnibus volumes. In one of them she discusses her Otakon visit to the US in 2006. In addition, there are "character profile" pages for all of the main and supporting cast. If you'd ever wondered about the ages, etc. of certain characters, they are revealed in these profiles.

Anything newer than that and you'll have to wait for the Yellow 2 chapters to be printed. With those even I don't know what's in 'em.
AOKO1412

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:31 am Reply with quote
wow!! interesting Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1