• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Minami-ke's Sakuraba, Zetsubō's Kumeta to Start Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Coharu Sakuraba, the creator of Minami-ke and Kyo no Gononi (Today in Class 5-2), will start a supernatural fantasy called Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru (That Future is a Lie)

seems like a big change from school life manga. can't wait to hear how it is
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote
This has nothin with Zetsubou Sensei. Right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I think the mangaka of SZS is just doing the story while some one else is going to be doing the drawings.

Even if he is just doing the story it's going to be funny
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote
For the life of me, I still cannot understand why Minami-ke has yet to be licensed. The well received series seem to be ignored while the more obscure series seem to reach North American shores. Crying or Very sad Anyway, it seems that this magazine has some relatively large names behind it. Some of these series sound rather interesting. Perhaps Animal Country will some day be picked up over here. Coharu Sakuraba seems to be trying out different genres... should be ineteresting to see how this all pans out.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
For the life of me, I still cannot understand why Minami-ke has yet to be licensed. The well received series seem to be ignored while the more obscure series seem to reach North American shores. Crying or Very sad Anyway, it seems that this magazine has some relatively large names behind it. Some of these series sound rather interesting. Perhaps Animal Country will some day be picked up over here. Coharu Sakuraba seems to be trying out different genres... should be ineteresting to see how this all pans out.

They license big shows first, and usually the crappier shows are ones that are forced upon them in order to get those big titles. Or they want show x, buy shows y, and z are also on the table for dirt cheap, so they're worth picking up.
Veers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
O_o; I thought at first it meant they were going to be working on a manga together and I was thinking, "this can only be epic..." Well, even though I was mistaken, it could still be interesting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1