• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNtv - Otakon '09 Cosplay Fun Reel (part 2)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlasmaFire3000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:41 am Reply with quote
Heh...30,000 attendees would be amazing (quoted from 12 seconds into the video). And quite a mess as well, given the crowding already associated with the BCC's size.

The unofficial count was 26,350, but it could rise or fall a few hundred once they release the final numbers.

Oh, and the cosplay? Awesome this year, and there's always something unique around every corner (great job mentioning original costumes, like the Water Priestess at 2:18).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shirogane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:08 am Reply with quote
That's a lot of attendees!

But, yeah, I really enjoy seeing everyone's costumes. It looks like a lot of hard work, but they seem to really enjoy it. First time I saw Final Fantasy VI cosplayers too; they were pretty good actually. I'm looking forward to Fun Reel part 2 now. Smile
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Glad I decided to watch that since I like cosplay. The ones interviewed who stayed in character cracked me up, but the ones you got to tell you how they made the costumes got extra kudos! *writes notes down for her own cosplay*
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:11 am Reply with quote
Hell yes for the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Another, slightly quieter, hell yes for Majora's Mask.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
championferret

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote
LOL Bamboo I loved your fake 'death' there with Dokuro-chan!

Anyway I hope this isnt the last segment, I heard from people who went that Hetalia and Vocaloid cosplayers were the most numerous and so far I haven't seen either in either video (except a Miku walk past in the background...)
Midwestern Tanuki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
I've enjoyed the past Cosplay fun reels from different conventions. What are the chances of ANN showing up to Anime Central or Anime Reactor in IL.?
agreenorangepeel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
the singing....

[No necroposting! ~C]
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1