• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[RUMOR] Waldenbooks Manga Sale

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:46 am Reply with quote
I've heard that Waldenbooks might be doing a Buy 4, get a 5th free Manga Promo sometime in June.

If this is true....i'm gonna be buying a whole lotta manga. Laughing Very Happy
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:26 am Reply with quote
That would be perfect timeing for PortconMaine since they'll be selling manga in the dealers room there in June. That would make for a good convention deal, I wonder if that could even be where this rummor is coming from.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 10:01 am Reply with quote
Even better since I have a ton of manga I need to catch up on. My waldenbooks better have Angel Sanctuary by then.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, there is a buy 4 get the 5th free book sale going on this weekend. I know I took advantage of it last night.

They have the Buy 4 Get 5th free thing pretty often...I've never heard of a just "manga" one, but the sale can be applied to manga.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Darn. Wish I had the money, but it's all going toward LE anime DVDs. Ah well... Anime cry
Nuriko-chan

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, I've been blowing cash left and right on things like a signed L'Arc~En~Ciel guitar pick, doujinshi, FAKE vol. 7, and the Comic Party box, and once the Gravitation box comes out, there goes even MORE money. But I could use tht on Inuyasha alone Anime hyper.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:13 am Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
Well, there is a buy 4 get the 5th free book sale going on this weekend. I know I took advantage of it last night.

They have the Buy 4 Get 5th free thing pretty often...I've never heard of a just "manga" one, but the sale can be applied to manga.

I'm thinking this Manga promotion might entail more than just Manga. Just an educated guess. Ontherwise, why even have an only B4G5F Manga promo?
Goshin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:39 am Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
I'm thinking this Manga promotion might entail more than just Manga.

As in Graphic Novels?

Buy 4 graphic novels get the 5th free, seems more likely.
Kyto

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:25 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately the Walden Books in my area has closed.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Just so everyone knows, Waldenbooks is having their "Buy4 Get the 5th free" sale, good through the 6th. Of course, this sale can be applied to manga. ^_~
Kal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Nice! Thank you for letting us know Anime smile But that's strange that their website says nothing of the sale... hm Confused
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Kal wrote:
Nice! Thank you for letting us know Anime smile But that's strange that their website says nothing of the sale... hm Confused

Well, it could be like what I saw happen with Best Buy.

Although this is not really anime-related, a friend of mine was surfing on gamespot.com and he came across this headline saying Best Buy was throwing this really big video game clearance sale with games selling for as low as $4.99.

I checked the article to be certain, and surely enough, it was. But when I checked bestbuy.com, I didn't see a single word of it.

And on a side note, when my friends and I finally got there, most of the good stuff was already gone... Crying or Very sad. They had Fatal Frame 2 for only $9.99! Anime cry
Kal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Aww! ::pats Tony K:: It's okay! There will always be more big sales later on, you just have to wait Anime cry

Oh yeah, checked out the Waldenbooks near me, and I was all happy happy to know that the sale was true Anime hyper And the nice thing about living in my area is that barely anyone reads manga (or at least, everytime I go in a bookstore, I'm the only one in the manga section), so they were all there, lined up waiting for a new mommy to come give them a nice new home Anime smile Too bad I was only able to get 10 books (still couldn't get all the volumes I was behind in, or the new ones), since my mom was paying for me, but yea... talked her into it since she saved $20 Anime catgrin

Might get a job at Walden too over the summer, 33% employee discount, w00t!
ownerizer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:50 am Reply with quote
Waldens does a promo like that every other month. I'm on their preferred readers club, just for that reason. IT's awesome. I promise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1