• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ TV Anime Green-Lit

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quote
...............OH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! First Queen's Blade, then Kanokon and NOW THIS?!? Why the flip are all the worst anime getting second seasons?!? I can think of so much anime that deserve a second season which are BETTER THAN THIS!!! Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
skexiz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:50 am Reply with quote
Don't hate. A lot of people enjoy baseless fun. Myself included.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quote
Boobs rule! I knew absolutely nothing about this series until a few seconds ago when I looked it up in ANN's Encyclopedia. I have a feeling I'm going to love it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:05 am Reply with quote
I loved Sekirei, Tsukiumi is definitely the best girl in the show. And why do these shows get second seasons? Because they're popular and they sell.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
...............OH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! First Queen's Blade, then Kanokon and NOW THIS?!? Why the flip are all the worst anime getting second seasons?!? I can think of so much anime that deserve a second season which are BETTER THAN THIS!!! Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Well Sekirei is better than that crappy Queens Blade and hell I looking I'm wishing for the return My-HiME sequel that supposed to come in this fall. Where the hell is that! But still great series to love.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote
Whoa, I hadn't heard anything about the Mai-HiME sequel airing this fall. If we get that and Darker than Black, than the autumn season's going to be quite something.
animeboy12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

and I can guarantee those series are nowhere near as popular as those three. There's no need to be childish about it, popular series that don't finish get sequels.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to all three of the sequels as the originals were pretty fun rides. I just of this second series has more fighting.
Dimlos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Yeah, I can think of plenty of things I'd rather see than more Queen's Blade, but the fact of the matter is, these shows are quite popular, so they're making more. Pretty simple to understand, even if I don't like it.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote
Now, if they announced boobonauts season 2 as well, we'd have the complete boobs set this fall.
Loganator456

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote
Yay, I'm excited!
Essedus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote
HELL yes. I love the manga right now. The people who claim this is a stupid series, have not actually seen it, or they are pissed their show is not getting a second season. Here's a tip I'll share with you guys: just because a show has lots of boobs does not mean it's bad. Yes, there are very bad shows with lots of boobs, like Dragonaut and Queen's Blade. But I repeat, a show is bad if it has no plot, bad characters, stupid humor. Sekirei has a pretty decent plot, great characters (Tsukiumi is awesome but the shameless sekirei is more entertaining), and decent humor. Not a masterpiece, no, but it was well above the trash I mentioned. Also, if they keep following the manga, this will be one of the few harem series where the male protagonist deserves all the love he gets from the girls, seeing as Minato spoiler[Stood up, or at least tried, to an armed task force, and literally walked through fire to save one of his serikei]
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote
Essedus wrote:
HELL yes. I love the manga right now. The people who claim this is a stupid series, have not actually seen it, or they are pissed their show is not getting a second season. Here's a tip I'll share with you guys: just because a show has lots of boobs does not mean it's bad. Yes, there are very bad shows with lots of boobs, like Dragonaut and Queen's Blade. But I repeat, a show is bad if it has no plot, bad characters, stupid humor. Sekirei has a pretty decent plot, great characters (Tsukiumi is awesome but the shameless sekirei is more entertaining), and decent humor. Not a masterpiece, no, but it was well above the trash I mentioned. Also, if they keep following the manga, this will be one of the few harem series where the male protagonist deserves all the love he gets from the girls, seeing as Minato spoiler[Stood up, or at least tried, to an armed task force, and literally walked through fire to save one of his serikei]

I don't blame them, since I also gave up on sekirei and just recently picked it up again after hearing about season 2.
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote
Goddammit Japan! I thought that only Hollywood made stupid things with nothing but boobs...

I guess I'll just have to watch old series again ¬¬
Maciste

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
The only thing that made this show worth watching is/was/will be Tsukiumi.

Btw, that Sekirei is getting a second season is no surprise. It was kinda "announced" in the last ep. Instead of doing filler episodes (manga is ongoing and those 12 eps covered everything that has already been released up to this point), they left some seasons out, so the manga can put some chapters out.
Not a stupid idea, if you want something that follows the manga (OK, some points have been changed, e.g. the scene in the spoiler Essedus posted) and avoid the pain that is called "fillers" *shudders*.
kill-chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I have nothing against this show, but I wonder WHY this and queen's blade will get a sequel while other adaptations like Air Gear, Tenjou Tenge, Negima, Soul Eater, Claymore, Kekkaishi got cut even if there is enough material from the manga to go on with the story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3