• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Darker Than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini's Promos Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:00 am Reply with quote
Shocked Oh my gosh! Hei with longer hair! .......... Ehh.. I like it better if he kept getting a hair cut these past two years. -.- Avoiding barber shops, Hei? Tsk tsk. I don't care if you run across a contractor in a shop. Just get a cut! >D

Ah... But no Yoko Kanno music? Awww..

Anyways, I can't wait!! Anime exclamation The quick PV made me mouth water (even with re-hash footage).
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote
No, actually Hei used to cut his own hair with his eletrified knife. Or so, I'd like to believe.
So, I'm guessing that date in the trailer means October 2009.
minakichan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:12 am Reply with quote
OK PHEW Hei and Yin are still the main characters. If moe Russian girl took over, I'd be seriously pissed.

(MAO, HUANG WHERE ARE YOU? Anime cry )

No Yoko Kanno is a major bummer though........
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quote
no more Yoko=booo
4nBlue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
The website has a longer PV.

The russian girl seems like she could be very irritating.
beansy99

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:55 am Reply with quote
Whoa whoa whoa, no Kanno is disappointing....but Yasushi Ishii is on the job??? WOW!!! He hasn't done any anime bgm work (or music at all?) since the very excellent Hellsing TV. REALLY looking forward to this now. Very Happy
akumakun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quote
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG....
Darker Than Black...
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
That's all there is to say.
Btw, in that recent poll in japan about the animes dat needed the blu-ray treatment....
why did this one not make the cut???? Stupid people and their narutardish addiction.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
no more Yoko=booo

Well, since I don't think they did a very good job using her music (in terms of what to put when), I say they don't deserve her for a second season.

But if it's really the guy who did Hellsing... that could prove quite awesome. One of my (many) gripes with Hellsing: Ultimate is that the music is utterly pathetic when compared to the (admittedly nothing like the manga) TV series. I love those soundtracks.

akumakun wrote:
Btw, in that recent poll in japan about the animes dat needed the blu-ray treatment....
why did this one not make the cut???? Stupid people and their narutardish addiction.

1) I don't think Darker Than Black was created in Hi-Def (might be wrong though).
2) The poll was not scientific, just a casual survey, and doesn't represent a 100% accurate picture of fans.
3) Naruto wasn't on the list of series they wanted! Check it out here. If anything, it's the moe-addiction that comes out...
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote
The new season looks awesome. I like how it seems like their having a new main character but they are still tying in characters and event from the first season. And the animation looks really good from the trailer. I just wonder what direction the story will head. Well this is definitely the most looked forward to series of the fall (for me anyways). Is there an actual date on the series or is it still just sometime in October?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
As I watch the longer PV, all I know is that I want the cops in Tokyo to still be in it. I liked them a lot. Especially Kirihara Misaki. If she's not in it, then I may not watch it. Sad
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
This should be something to look forward to. With the director of the Hellsing TV series working on this title it should be hard for this to be messed up. Hopefully, it can live up to the original and hopefully it has a proper conclusion. Razz
larinon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
As I watch the longer PV, all I know is that I want the cops in Tokyo to still be in it. I liked them a lot. Especially Kirihara Misaki.

I agree, I really liked Misaki and I think her relationship and interaction with Hei could be a great plot point to continue with.

At any rate, I also love the universe that they've created in the series, so I'm sure I will be watching this sequel regardless. I do hope that most of the characters from the first one show up again though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Damius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, I can't wait to watch this.... I just finish the first season. Let's hope FUNi will bring this asap.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote
glad to see Hei is back, i was starting to get worried by the promos. shame that Yoko Kanno isn't returning, but the new guy seems just as capable if his past work is any indication.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the trailer and now I could say, this season could be better than the first. We'll see since none of the episodes on season 1 disappointed me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2