• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Berserk OVA?!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
This is where I found it.

It's not like I'm claiming this as official news or anything. (Hence the question mark in the title.) But I'm not one to freak over stupid rumors and cute development art like that stuff for the EVA movie that's never going to happen. These are either from a new video game, or they're fo rizzle. Rumor has it they are fo rizzle.

Hmm. I have to admit, if they are fake they're very impressive fakes. However, until we have more than a few images from a dude claiming he 'knows a guy who works on anime' I'll remain very skeptical.

dtm42 wrote:
The options are to make quite a few OVAs for viewers to slog through before the new material appears, or...

An anime version of Berserk with great animation that includes some of the things the old anime left out. I'd pay to 'slog through' that. Admittedly though, it would be nice if they could accelerate the release pace compared to that of Hellsing. Honestly though I don't see why they couldn't. I don't know what the delay on Hellsing is but I can't believe it takes a bloody year to produce 45 minutes of animation no matter what the quality.

rainbowcourage wrote:
I'm just saying, if you're going to shoot something down...couldn't you be a little gentler about it?

Or alternatively, we could all just drop this stupid irrelevant crap. Gentle enough for you?
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Or alternatively, we could all just drop this stupid irrelevant crap. Gentle enough for you?

Lead by example. I think rainbow is making a valid point and comment by noticing a somewhat rude attempt to discard JesuOtaku's original post. Back on topic.

This is fantastic news and I'm just as shocked as everyone else is-seriously someone pinch me, I'm one of those jaded anime fans that expects crap (like Queen's Blades) to get more seasons, not golden oldies like Berserk. I would've liked another full season, but hell there's no way I can be picky-because this is BERSERK we are talking about here. The screenshots look promising. Can't wait for more news to be released about this.
rag

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote
I second some podter above. The images may as well be taken out af a game that never came to the west, like lots of other games that never had hit the west.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:16 am Reply with quote
rag wrote:
I second some podter above. The images may as well be taken out af a game that never came to the west, like lots of other games that never had hit the west.

According to the testimony of Beserk fans I've conversed with since these images appeared, these screens don't correspond to any game footage they know of. Of course, the only way this can be verified is by any import gamers among us.
To those who are: have there been any Beserk games featuring 2D animation such as that of these screenshots? MobyGames lists only two titles belonging to such a franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MelissaZap08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 am Reply with quote
Omggg, I always hated the end to this series! It was too wonderful to end like that!! And now I here there are going to be OVA's!! WAHHHHH I'm gonna cry!!! Crying or Very sad
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:28 am Reply with quote
As the resident Studio 4°C nut, I find this news highly dubious. I feel like I'd have heard about it through AniPages or other news connections that closely follow the studio. But hey, maybe I (and all the other naysayers) will turn out to be wrong and Studio 4°C actually *is* working on this project. I just find it highly unlikely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:54 am Reply with quote
looks cheaply made for some reason. the character designs seem very off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2