• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Mushiroom Cloud

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I love the fluffy yellow carpet...
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sadly, there is nothing in this show worth masturbating too, because it's so mind-numbingly stupid that I challenge any man to sustain an erection.

It sure sent mine straight into the ground. I almost got a head-rush it died so quickly...

I'd also like to point out how Princess Resurrection falsely advertises itself. I mean, the op and co animation suggests that its gonna be pretty violent. Even the cover art depicts Hime with a bloodstained chainsaw, and yet its not really violent at all. I was expecting a lot of needless violence and blood spray but instead got a bunch of stupid antics and lame dialogue. Murder Princess entertained me far more than this tripe.
ZelloBear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Sad day, I had high hopes for Princess Resurrection. Is there any good supernatural shows coming out soon?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I've only watched four episodes of Big Wind up on the Funimation online channel, but really enoyed watching the each episode.

Although the main character was slightly annoying, at least he wants to improve. The other characters are also interesting, as well as the English voice actors as well. Greg Ayres and the several other notable characters are also involed with dubbing this series.

But like Bamboo said, this series really is shelf worthy.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
love the fluffy yellow carpet...

I thought the exact same thing!

I was really excited about Big Windup and pre-ordered it. I hope it arrives soon! It looks like a lot of fun.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Happy to see more praise for Big Windup! since I'm really interested in it. I've already seen some episodes on FUNi's website, and I'm actually not bothered by whiny main characters, surprisingly, so it sounds perfect for me.

ZelloBear wrote:
Sad day, I had high hopes for Princess Resurrection. Is there any good supernatural shows coming out soon?

Although it's probably the complete opposite of Princess Resurrection, Ghost Hound has all that good old fashion supernatural stuff. If you're willing to shell out the extra cash for a sub-only release.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote
LeanGreen wrote:
Although it's probably the complete opposite of Princess Resurrection, Ghost Hound has all that good old fashion supernatural stuff. If you're willing to shell out the extra cash for a sub-only release.

And if you're willing to sit through hours of characters speculating on outdated pseudoscience that eventually has no real relevance on the story except to establish that there's a lot about the universe we don't understand. It would have been a lot better if it had been half as long.
bleuster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I loved the Princess Resurrection manga. This looks like the type of deal where a company grabs a popular item and just throws the sticks together to make an anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Big Windup make Shelf Worthy. Not being a sports fan myself I had absolutely no idea what to expect but I absolutely loved it. The characters and the team work/friendship aspect of the series was fantastic.

I sadly have not bought the series yet but it's on my definite to buy list.
nechronius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
I love the fluffy yellow carpet...

The carpet reminds me of shelves full of anime goodness floating in a sea of mac-n-cheese. I love mac-n-cheese...
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Did the article just ruin the ending to the "Kids" segment of the FMA OVA Collection?

I really think it did.
Rednal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... I watched a bit of the Princess Resurrection anime, and it's okay, but I have to say that I enjoy the manga version rather more. The 'Blood Warrior' bit is actually fairly interesting, since you actually get to the point of strategy with them.

@Bamboo: If you take requests, would you mind reviewing the When They Cry box set that's coming out on the 25th?

Last edited by Rednal on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
joelgundam00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
I loved the Princess Resurrection manga.

Ditto!
Quote:
This looks like the type of deal where a company grabs a popular item and just throws the sticks together to make an anime.

Not to mention, the content seems to be watered down.
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to guess that Karen's two favorite series are "Ojamajo Doremi" and "Sailor Moon"! Very Happy

On a side note/question, how come there's never been someone featured on Shelf Life with a Dakimakura visible? Are they (even the discreet ones that show no genitalia) instant disqualifications?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Bamboo wrote:
I'd be hiding something if I didn't also mention that Big Windup! is really homoerotic. The characters don't actually strip each other naked and play leapfrog, but I bet they think about it in the showers. Heck, during training camp, they learn that when men and women share the same bed, they become closer. So in order to be better teammates, they too must rotate futon partners every night. Slash fodder? Of course.

I think you just increased the marketability (though not for me) of this title ten fold in a way that FUNi never could. I think half the girls ears just perked up. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3