• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds RH Plus Vampire Boys-Love Drama

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Huh, sounds interesting.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Great, gay vampires! Because yaoi/yuri/shounen-ai/shoujo-ai are things that isn't for me (at all really), I will not watch this.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Gay vampires? Interesting concept... I hope the show itself is good...
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Boys-love (Japanese is shounen-ai) or yaoi is just another way of describing the love between two boys. Because I have a twisted conservative mind, I don't follow these stories.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene: Don't forget that they're emo, too. Rolling Eyes
Altorrin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Gay vampires? Interesting concept... I hope the show itself is good...

You make it sound like it's some brand new idea they just thought up. It's called Anne Rice and Lestat, I believe.
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the guys, you wouldn't know they were vampires. They all look like regular guys to me. How creative is that? Rolling Eyes
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Dark Elf Warrior commented:
Quote:
Looking at the guys, you wouldn't know they were vampires. They all look like regular guys to me. How creative is that?

This is real creative actually. Sarcastically speaking, it's just as interesting as the gay vampire thing.
manafairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Tch, gay vampires shacked up together in a classy manor? three words: Shameless. Cheap. Fanservice.

I'm so in.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote
manafairy comments:
Quote:
three words: Shameless. Cheap. Fanservice

Well, that just about sums it up. If it was one straight vampire and 3 straight chicks, I would so be there.
The_X_box_360

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote
AoiHana, Saki, Kanamemo, HanasakeruSeishonen, Yokuwakaru Gendai Maho and, now..... RH Plus....... ????

I'm starting to wonder if Crunchyroll needs someone to inform them that they're about 25 years too late to make a point to support the advancement of gay/lesbian culture acceptance.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure an overwhelming majority of CR's audience is fine/tolerant with the homosexual media, but would greatly prefer straight plots, that don't center around gay and lesbian love, every so often..... >.>

Only, three of the Seven new "2009" anime, that have been added since spring, centered around non-gay-love plots. Furthermore, one of those three series was complete urination-fetish, orgasm-fanservice, male-on-female violence filthy trash....

I'm not trying to call Crunchyroll filthy-sex-crazed, taboo-love-obsessed, repulsive-fetish-addicted, pedophilia-engaged perverts or anything like that. I'm just saying.... don't forget about the other 90% of your audience, please.
We get that you all are into the alternative lifestyle and pervy fetish stuff, but we'd appreciate it if all of our most favorite new anime and Jdrama series being released each new season could stop being the ones that are NOT on CR.... some time soon, thanks. Smile
Blue1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:16 am Reply with quote
The_X_box_360 wrote:
AoiHana, Saki, Kanamemo, HanasakeruSeishonen, Yokuwakaru Gendai Maho and, now..... RH Plus....... ????

I'm starting to wonder if Crunchyroll needs someone to inform them that they're about 25 years too late to make a point to support the advancement of gay/lesbian culture acceptance.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure an overwhelming majority of CR's audience is fine/tolerant with the homosexual media, but would greatly prefer straight plots, that don't center around gay and lesbian love, every so often..... >.>

Only, three of the Seven new "2009" anime, that have been added since spring, centered around non-gay-love plots. Furthermore, one of those three series was complete urination-fetish, orgasm-fanservice, male-on-female violence filthy trash....

I'm not trying to call Crunchyroll filthy-sex-crazed, taboo-love-obsessed, repulsive-fetish-addicted, pedophilia-engaged perverts or anything like that. I'm just saying.... don't forget about the other 90% of your audience, please.
We get that you all are into the alternative lifestyle and pervy fetish stuff, but we'd appreciate it if all of our most favorite new anime and Jdrama series being released each new season could stop being the ones that are NOT on CR.... some time soon, thanks. Smile

I wouldn't expect much from a site that had an ad for a mmorpg game featuring an 8 year old anime like character with a cleavage and developed breasts.

It's shows like what CR features and what a large percentage of the "anime" community deems catchy that make me want to puke. It's the same reason why I don't call myself an anime lover (although I have probably watched more 60s, 70s, and 80s animes when I was a kid than the majority of people here - animes that are not related to the plague of pervesion that pervades the anime culture today, old animes that would put them to shame in terms of culture and beauty.

I cannot associate myself with a large percentage of anime viewers who I find sickening. And a large percentage of crunchyroll viewers are exactly that.

edit: I am not trying to diss this new gay vampire show. Although I don't believe that homosexuality is normal, I found the relationship between Kaworu Nagisa and Shinji to be interesting, although platonic.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 am Reply with quote
Blue1 writes
Quote:
Although I don't believe that homosexuality is normal, I found the relationship between Kaworu Nagisa and Shinji to be interesting, although platonic.

I somewhat feel the same thing about these two. But the intention was definitely to have a homoerotic vibe even if they are just too close to be just friends.
rikiki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:38 am Reply with quote
Seriously why come back again and again to post at some drama that you don't like or even plan to watch? And feeding on the hate somemore.

When I saw the title that it is Boys Love I go HAR??? Ok, maybe they put that term in to appeal to that group, fine.

Because as far as I know the drama itself really has almost little to nothing Boys Love, unless you watch with that in mind. Only the manga is coined Boys Love. Seriously lots of drama that adapted from shounen-ai manga has almost eliminated the boys love content and can be enjoyed normally.

I don't watch much dramas, but for me, any drama/movie production should be respected. And it is not made to be filthy like sex tapes(which some of you guys are talking like it is one, shameless?? cheap??) or something like that. I don't read the manga before(or even heard from it until months ago when the drama was just out) but from experiences, the drama should only be talking about them solving some crimes and other normal story telling plot and can be enjoyed like a normal story.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Right when I thought the site didn't have enough loli/yuri content, we now get BL.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2