• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CW4Kids Replaces Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's with 1st Yu-Gi-Oh! Show

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote
While I'd argue that the original is the best version, it's still a bit of a bummer that they apparently don't want to finish this. Oh well, nothing about anime on TV surprises me anymore. After being chipped away to near nothing and having premieres aired at 4 AM, a replacement isn't that surprising.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote
Um, WHAT? Why replace 5D's with sh!tty season 1 of Yugioh?
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote
I think this is just 5Ds off season for the show to catch up on dubbing.
Gasero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
I think this is just 5Ds off season for the show to catch up on dubbing.

I hope it's just off season. There is no excuse for keeping Dinosaur King and Kamen Rider, but canceling Yugioh.

Yugioh Duel Monsters is still the best, but 5D's is a lot less embarrassing than GX was...that was horrible.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Dinosaur King I'll give you but badmouthing Kamen Rider is worthy of the crime of being Dropkicked by someone with a scarf
The Anagelic One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Um, WHAT? Why replace 5D's with sh!tty season 1 of Yugioh?
Pegasus, better monsters, invisible guns, nuff said. Anime hyper
R.G.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I've missed classic Yu-Gi-Oh,so I guess this is a bit of good news to me.
DokoMadeMo
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Removing Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's? Why in the world are they doing that! That really sucks; I was just getting into it! They's better bring it back eventually!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Well I always wanted to check out the original Yu-Gi-Oh! so here's my chance. Also, Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is freakin epic. Best show on TV right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
ah Didn't know they have Kamen Rider Ryuki D:
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I always did think the the first Yu-Gi-Oh! (the one that got dubbed not the actual first series) was the better one of all the other series. Though originals always seem to be for some reason Confused (I tried to watch GX, but I just couldn't sit through it. Same with 5D though it was a tad better than GX) Though I can't really say that, now after all this time that i'll actually get into it again. I did watch it from start to finish (despite all the different timeslots.) And though towards the end I was starting to grow out of it I still liked the show (or atleast the characters, it did come of as cheesy at times) But, I was how old then? I highly doubt i'll get into it now at my current age. Still, I guess there is an audience out there for it. I've never heard of someone airing a show that ended that long ago again, ever. But then maybe its just like what was said before and its just till' dubbing catches up.
(but in my opinion, that 'kids' part of that network seems to be going down the drain anyways. even back when it was kids WB. and that Fox kids thing 'what ever it was' too (dunno if they even still have that).)
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* when I saw this in my RSS feed, I thought they were dubbing the ORIGINAL Yu-Gi-Oh, commonly known as Season Zero. Wishful thinking...
Precis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:57 am Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:
*sigh* when I saw this in my RSS feed, I thought they were dubbing the ORIGINAL Yu-Gi-Oh, commonly known as Season Zero. Wishful thinking...

Same here. Got me all excited for a second. Anime cry
Seitanoglu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:06 am Reply with quote
Not much is changing -- one terrible dubbing job replaced by another. The way DM was handled was what kept me away from the YGO fandom itself for years, until the Japanese version of GX managed to pull me in.

From what I'm seeing, 4Kids will continue to broadcast 5Ds on Cartoon Network and the US fans will also be able to watch it online as well (and if I see complaints about this again, I'll probably bash my head against the nearest solid surface, because it's amusing to see so much entitlement when other people are used to watching all of their anime online simply by virtue of no distributor bothering to broadcast it on the TV in their parts pf the world).

Gasero wrote:

Yugioh Duel Monsters is still the best, but 5D's is a lot less embarrassing than GX was...that was horrible.

It bitterly amuses me that every YGO related thread in this place (and others that I don't care to name right now) turns into one big pile of GX bashing. No wonder I still want absolutely nothing to do with this fandom and generally like to pretend that it doesn't exist to begin with. -_-
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing any incarnation of YGO is good for is more fodder for LittleKuriboh. Laughing

"My hair is assaulting this small child!"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2