• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Source Codes

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...but then I've thought for years that Tomino is hilariously terrible at everything he attempts.

I don't know, that kind of seems like a low blow.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quote
Sigma Harmonics? Intriguing!? Hah... If anything, it's intriguingly shitty. >:< There's a damn good reason why the game didn't go anywhere outside Japan; a game that does poorly at both performance, reviews, and sales, it's pretty much a no-brainer.

It baffles me to no end why on God's green earth they decided to churn out a sequel....
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:42 am Reply with quote
Ever since I bought Fate/Unlimited Codes American PSN store download I've been using my PSP a lot more lately because Fate/Unlimited Codes is such a great game and glad I didn't have to import it. Even so, $30 is pretty steep of a price especially with no English dub but every cent was well worth it. To be honest I kind of like it this way of releasing games that wouldn't normally come to America but yet do but by download not by a physical copy. It's just like Record of Agarest War coming to PS3 PSN store in America. Sure it's a download-only for Americans but just to be able to have it makes me very happy with waiting for it for 2 years now. I do prefer having a physical copy but if releasing a download-only version for a premium price on games that would never come to America from Japan is what it takes then I am all for it and hope some other games I always wanted to try out will get the same kind of treatment.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:03 am Reply with quote
ninjaclown wrote:
Quote:
...but then I've thought for years that Tomino is hilariously terrible at everything he attempts.

Where did you get that quote? I used Ctrl-F but the article doesn't mention Tomino, nor does it even contain the word "hilariously". Could it be that you posted in the wrong thread?
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:24 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
ninjaclown wrote:
Quote:

Where did you get that quote? I used Ctrl-F but the article doesn't mention Tomino, nor does it even contain the word "hilariously". Could it be that you posted in the wrong thread?

It's from the mouseover text on the column logo.
Vent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:42 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
ninjaclown wrote:
Quote:

And now dtm is going to have to go back through every article and mouseover every image.

...Though it's a pretty big waste of time unless you want to see how hard Todd can run the "OTAKU ARE ICKY" thing into the ground. (Answer: so hard.)
Blackwolf0925

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:00 am Reply with quote
I bought Fate/Unlimited Codes the other day, and I have to say I enjoy it immensely. Like the article states each character is unique. Since there is not a lot of imports getting English releases this one is worth the price. It may seem simplified but it is hard to master at times. Wink
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:15 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:

Wow, I never noticed those before.

Vent wrote:
And now dtm is going to have to go back through every article and mouseover every image.

That is so true. How did you know? So much I have been missing . . . . . .
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:50 am Reply with quote
Haha, me too! So many deliciously cynical and hateful jokes that I never even noticed before.
xsutekix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:46 am Reply with quote
I have to agree, Fate/Unlimited Codes is an excellent fighter (and a MUST buy for fans of the series). I own the import version, so it was a little harder to understand the controls and such...but after playing practice mode a good couple of times I got it down. It's wicked fun!

spoiler[Oh, and by the way...Saber is King Arthur (her true name is Arturia Pendragon) :3)]
Son-kun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:54 am Reply with quote
Now I'm actually curious. When did Tomino ever say that video games are evil? I haven't actually seen the man's works until recent years (lolz behind) and I somewhat agree. Especially for the latter parts of Gundam, Double Zeta and Victory.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote
Son-kun wrote:
Now I'm actually curious. When did Tomino ever say that video games are evil?

There's a thread over in Anime section about this, but here's a link to an article:

http://gamasutra.com/news?story=25118

Yoshiyuki Tomino wrote:
I think that video games are evil.

Of course, he goes on to say that Tetris is the best game ever. Ha ha. Laughing

To be honest, I don't really care for what he has to say. I haven't seen any of his work, but he just sounds like an old man who doesn't know what he's talking about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:46 am Reply with quote
OMG Okamiden puppy to cute! Cuteness....killing...me...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I still never beat the original Okami, despite loving it.. I was too distracted when Odin Sphere and Smash Bros Brawl came out. But dear GOD, the puppy destroys my face with cuteness!! Anime cry Okami puuppeeeeeeeee!!! >.<
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote
Wait, I've never heard any sort of Lisa Simpson-related Naruto joke. How does it go?

And as for what Mario & Luigi has to do with Internet fetishes... I don't know and I don't want to know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4