• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crayon Shin-Chan to Continue in Mag Until November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnistry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
Glad they'll end it without going with someone else who might ruin it. Usui's blend of humor was unique, so it would be tough to imitate.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Well it's rare that they hand off a manga series to someone else because the creator died. Anime is a different story though.

Last edited by zanarkand princess on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:00 pm Reply with quote
The decision to be made about the anime's future will be an important one, considering the continually high ratings it receives.
If it does come to an end however, a wealth of past episodes should keep casual TV viewers satisfied with re-runs for some time. (Such a situation may not come to be in the near future though- I assume zanarkand princess knows more about this sort of dilemma than myself.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm not 100% sure about a show like Shin Chan but usually in Japan reruns are rare. Usually there are so many anime produced each season there isn't really any need once the channel has shown an episode. A lot of times different channels show an episode on different dates but once the episodes is shown that's it. Expect a cooking show in it's place or something. That's how we got the nice boat meme after all.
MarzGurl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:41 pm Reply with quote
After living in Japan for a while last year, I noticed that there WERE some channels that specialized in re-runs of no-longer-running anime programing. So Japanese viewers may still be able to see it in syndication, but it's hard to say. Sounds like the future of the program is still on shaky ground.

I would actually hope that more episodes are not produced, or at least not past what Usui developed in the manga series. It wouldn't be right to continue that without him. At least, not in personal opinion.

But it looks like everyone is in shock. Seems he effected a great wave of people. Artists and creators are amazing people, aren't they?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Well considering the type of show Shin chan is I'm betting the anime will continue. Just like Sazae san did.
sherri-chan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, pretty sure Shin-chan anime will continue. It doesn't really have a "plot" that it must follow, so I don't see why they won't continue the anime in its standard mini-story way.

I have a question though... Doraemon is one of the few manga I can recall being continued by successors after the original mangaka's death. I know that the successors used to work with Fujiko F. Fujio, but were they working with permission of Fujiko F. Fujio?
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote
sherri: They probably got his family's permission.
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I just can't believe he's dead :/

The manga was so funny and true-to-life, in many ways. And the art was, if nothing else, unique. Its a true shame.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1