• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Fight Test

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Is it at all surprising that the variations on Street Fighter 4 have begun?
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:04 am Reply with quote
Oi, oi, oi! Hazama fights with a pair of knives, not chains yo!

Dual knives are the shit.

Or....the extendy, chain-blade variety of knives... Erm! Anyone's who's read Shin Angyo Onshi, and knows the afrotastic, 70s-licious pirate Joy knows what I mean!
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:20 am Reply with quote
Probably shouldn't hold out any hope on seeing Elena or Karin in SSFIV, huh? Sad
DFBTG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quote
October 6th can't get here fast enough. Pre-ordered the deluxe edition of Demon's Souls from gamestop a while ago (speaking of which, how does that go? Do they call me when they get my copy or do I just go in there on release day and pay the rest of it off? First time I've pre-ordered through them, and physically at the store no less).
Hm, wonder if those two new BlazBlue characters will make their way onto the consoles. I would like them to, I would also like them to be free if they ever do. And if those tweaks are anything worthwhile, hopefully a patch will be released.
Honestly, I wish that more info would be released for Versus XIII. It's not that I don't care about FFXIII, but Versus holds my interest more.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:51 am Reply with quote
They didn't say "only 8" new characters. They said "maybe about 8."

Also, the Super Street Fighter IV site has room for 12 character profiles.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
'5 Stars! Game of the Year!' -Roman Polanski

Oh, you ARE evil! Also, cue the usual complaints.

As much as it pains me, I will never be able to play The Last Guardian, simply because that griffin creeps the sh*t out of me. Imagine a 40' TV with those almost-but-not-quite lifelike, black soulless eyes staring into your very soul, brrr...

Capcom are probably my current favorite Japanese game company, but I really hate them for pulling this special edition BS again. There's absolutely no reason why those characters and new features couldn't also be released via DLC and the games be compatible other than $$$. Honestly, it's getting really tiresome when you can never be sure if the game you're buying is going to be the final version or not. Atleast with MGS it's always a given that Konami is going to milk you again.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:15 am Reply with quote
DFBTG wrote:
October 6th can't get here fast enough. Pre-ordered the deluxe edition of Demon's Souls from gamestop a while ago (speaking of which, how does that go? Do they call me when they get my copy or do I just go in there on release day and pay the rest of it off? First time I've pre-ordered through them, and physically at the store no less).
Hm, wonder if those two new BlazBlue characters will make their way onto the consoles. I would like them to, I would also like them to be free if they ever do. And if those tweaks are anything worthwhile, hopefully a patch will be released.
Honestly, I wish that more info would be released for Versus XIII. It's not that I don't care about FFXIII, but Versus holds my interest more.

They call you on the shipping date which is the day before and then you pick it up. They hold it for up to 48 hours but if you ask politely to the store you pre-ordered at(which would be the store you pre-ordered your copy since you can only get it at that location) you can tell them can you please hold my copy for a couple of days and then they write a note to save it. Well at least that's what they are supposed to do but however there could be a lazy or a dumb worker so just make sure you go into the store and actually see them make the note. But if you can pick it up the day it comes out then even better.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:25 am Reply with quote
honestly in this era of connected gaming you'd think fighting game developers would realize that they can release tweaks and additional fighters via DLC and still make money off it. I suppose at least with CAPCOM's milking they have the brains to not charge full price for it otherwise they've be strung up by their toes before they could say "HADOUKEN!"
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
I suppose at least with CAPCOM's milking they have the brains to not charge full price for it otherwise they've be strung up by their toes before they could say "HADOUKEN!"

They still should, since this will effectively kill SFIV online, so anyone who wants to keep playing is pretty much forced to buy the new version. Good thing I don't care about fighting games, otherwise I'd be REALLY pissed, instead of just on principle.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:49 am Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:
I suppose at least with CAPCOM's milking they have the brains to not charge full price for it otherwise they've be strung up by their toes before they could say "HADOUKEN!"

They still should, since this will effectively kill SFIV online, so anyone who wants to keep playing is pretty much forced to buy the new version. Good thing I don't care about fighting games, otherwise I'd be REALLY pissed, instead of just on principle.

SFIV also has a lot of online trophies or achievements depending on which system you have. So for those who are interested then start winning those matches
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quote
I love it when people chime in to whine about SSFIV, and then acknowledge they don't care about fighting games anyway.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:18 am Reply with quote
Heh, just noticed this post from last week that no one replied to, so figured I'd do it here, since the other new game was just mentioned.

DFBTG wrote:
On another topic, I really wish they'd make a Kingdom Hearts 3, or really any Kingdom Hearts for the PS3. I don't own a handheld (although I've been sorely tempted to own both...curse you Atlus!), and loved the first two, so a new one would be cool.

The team behind KH/KH2 is the team that is supposed to be working on FF VS XIII, but they had been pulled for a while to help with work on the main FFXIII. Now that it is nearing completion/is completed, and is coming out soon, hopefully those guys can go back to VS XIII, finish it up, and begin work on KH3.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
I love it when people chime in to whine about SSFIV, and then acknowledge they don't care about fighting games anyway.

It's the principle of the thing. Besides, I can sympathize since Capcom pulled the same thing on me with Lost Planet: Colonies.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...though there are signs of Dream C Club's vague contempt for its players, especially when the game ends at least one subplot with a hostess turning you down.

I heard about that. Until we see this title being lambasted by its previously dedicated players though, I'd hope they'll be accepting of this humorous act of audience depreciation. Plenty of bouncing is nonetheless abound to amuse and entice...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GwennBlackfeather

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:02 am Reply with quote
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift is going to be a whole new disc. I'm calling it right now.

Though I'm not buying it until they make either/both Motoko and Valkenhayn as playable characters. Also, not a real fan of Tsubaki's outfit but...I'll grow to like it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3