• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigun the Movie Dated for Spring 2010

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Could someone license this movie? Pretty please?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Oooo yeah, more Nicholas D. Wolfwood. One of my first anime crushes, haha. Hopefully it's good, someone licenses it, and I can buy it.

I haven't read the manga very much; is this an original story, or from the manga?

Last edited by kyokun703 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalessin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Could someone license this movie? Pretty please?

That would definitely be great, but given that they've just announced when it'll be out in Japan, it's far too early to be expecting it to be licensed in R1.
Lackshmana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
At this point I would be happy for someone to just license the series.

It still hasn't been licensed by a US company since Geneon went bust, and the license reverted.

That being said, I would be surprised if this doesn't get picked up as one license for both the film and series at somepoint down the road.

Though, I would be very upset if Funimation got it and changed the VAs for the movie. In my mind the original English cast is the only dub I will accept.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
So this officially debunks the rumors that Gazelle the Peacemaker would be in this movie. Too bad. Kinda was hoping he would have more spotlight than being restricted to toy form.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quote
First Haruhi and now this.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 pm Reply with quote
It's about time.

I suppose this will be the same case as the Cowboy Bebop movie, in that since spoiler[Wolfwood] is in it, it takes place during the course of the television series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kalessin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Lackshmana wrote:

It still hasn't been licensed by a US company since Geneon went bust, and the license reverted.

That being said, I would be surprised if this doesn't get picked up as one license for both the film and series at somepoint down the road.

Though, I would be very upset if Funimation got it and changed the VAs for the movie. In my mind the original English cast is the only dub I will accept.

Funimation does usually do their own dubs, but they've been pretty good thus far in keeping original dub casts when they can. I mean, they actually went to the trouble of getting the entire Tenchi cast back together again after years of no Tenchi whatsoever. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two that they failed on - one because they couldn't come to an agreement, and another because he died. Funimation is by no means perfect, but they definitely listen to the fans, and they're well aware of the fact that fans don't like it when dub casts change. If they get the Trigun movie, I'd fully expect them to at least attempt to get the cast back together again.
Elwood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:04 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It's about time.

I suppose this will be the same case as the Cowboy Bebop movie, in that since spoiler[Wolfwood] is in it, it takes place during the course of the television series.

I haven't read most of the manga, but the original reports were that this took place after where the anime and manga split off and formed different stories.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote
Elwood wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
It's about time.

I haven't read most of the manga, but the original reports were that this took place after where the anime and manga split off and formed different stories.

Either way, spoiler[Wolfwood dies.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quote
Based on what I'd heard, this is probably going to be a stand alone movie that doesn't correspond to any existing continuity. If they can manage to make it work as a mid series story though as with Bebop that would be fantastic. Still, I can't really figure how that would work. I can't really think of any point during the series at which the stuff we've heard thus far makes sense.

Either way though this is absolutely fantastic. By all indications this project appeared to be dead and buried until recently. It's great to know it's definitely happening.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote
I was really hoping that the movie would continue where the anime left off. But I'll still take it. Very Happy
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
Lackshmana wrote:

Funimation does usually do their own dubs, but they've been pretty good thus far in keeping original dub casts when they can. I mean, they actually went to the trouble of getting the entire Tenchi cast back together again after years of no Tenchi whatsoever. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two that they failed on - one because they couldn't come to an agreement, and another because he died. Funimation is by no means perfect, but they definitely listen to the fans, and they're well aware of the fact that fans don't like it when dub casts change. If they get the Trigun movie, I'd fully expect them to at least attempt to get the cast back together again.

Well with the new Evangelion animated movies like You Are Not Alone it has some of the original ADV cast but yet they also changed some of the cast as well(well it is kind of hard when most of those ADV actors have moved out of Texas to like New York, Los Angeles, and so forth).
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quote
Lackshmana wrote:

I think the anime will get licensed just right before the movie like get some money from the tv series then release the movie to the states. But yes I would love to hear Johnny Yong Bosch as Vash again.
Zero Gravity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:53 am Reply with quote
As long as we have the original English cast for when it comes over here, I'll be a happy camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2