• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Broken Blade Robot Anime to Be Six Films in 2010

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quote
So it's the same format the Kara no Kyokai movies went by? Sounds pretty cool, I'm especially looking forward to the higher quality animation for this
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote
I guess I wasn't the only one who thought of Kara no Kyoukai when I read this article.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darksharingan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quote
I hope they're long movies, not 30 minute or 1 hour long movies, each volume should cover an hour and 20 minutes each. Six 1 hour and 20 minute movies is the equivalent of 24 episodes (without commercials)
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Haven's seen this anime, however, six movies in one year for the same series is intense. Now if only the did that with the 2 remaining Evangelion films.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Finally something with mecha action!!!!!!!!!Twisted Evil

This current season is driving me crazy with its moe overload, this and Gundam Unicorn should keep me from loosing my mind. Confused
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Vicserr, your Mazinger avatar indicates you are a mecha otaku. I have a slight love for mecha. Heck, the first anime I ever saw that I recall seeing full episodes of was Mazinger Z. However, if I saw it again it would be nostalgic because I was 6 or 7 when I saw it.
berserkFURY07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:45 am Reply with quote
DOES ANYBODY HAVE AN IDEA WHERE I CAN BUY THIS BLU RAY DISK FROM? I WOULD DEFF LOVE TO OWN THESE 6 MOVIES!!!!
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote
berserkFURY07 wrote:
DOES ANYBODY HAVE AN IDEA WHERE I CAN BUY THIS BLU RAY DISK FROM? I WOULD DEFF LOVE TO OWN THESE 6 MOVIES!!!!

No need to shout.

Only two "movies" (really just double-length episodes) have been released thus far. You'd have to go to Japan just to buy the first movie, and you'd have to travel to Japan in the future to buy the rest.
berserkFURY07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quote
i wasnt yellling 1st. 2nd thanks i kinda fingured that much thus far.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote
berserkFURY07 wrote:
i wasnt yellling 1st. 2nd thanks i kinda fingured that much thus far.

'Yelling' or not, posting in all caps in unnecessary and kind of annoying. Also if you already knew the answer, then why did you revive this old topic to ask?
berserkFURY07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:19 am Reply with quote
honest does it really matter if its caps or not get over it jesus it aint that serious. if it was so annoying dont read into an "old topic", obvii you were here to check on something because i dont remember writing to U specifically anyway.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:12 am Reply with quote
Well look man. I'm not going to argue with you. You should be aware though that ANN has rules for appropriate forum behaviour and said rules require users to post in proper English with proper grammar. There is also a rule against reviving old dead topics.
berserkFURY07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quote
oh well that sucks doesn't it?
Key

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:41 pm Reply with quote
berserkFURY07, neither dtm42 nor ikillchicken was out of line; both, in fact, were being fairly reasonable. What you were doing was the Internet equivalent of shouting, and that is considered inappropriate behavior.

And concerning your question, your only option at this point is a Japanese dealer for the first two movies. The rest are still pending. The first two have been pretty high-quality fare so far, with their own distinctive mecha flavor, so I would be quite surprised if they don't get licensed for American release once the series is finished. (And really, if you did already know that, then why ask here about it?)

Now, since this thread is a resurrection of a nearly year-old thread and serves no further purpose, it is getting locked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1